aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

Bale, Parker, Walker, Yaya I just can't agree with. Spurs did play some great football until January but since then they've been pretty dreadful. Parkers legs went at the start of Feb and Bale since he started playing in a more wandering role hasn't been effective. Yaya has been good but not spectacular this season although I could maybe see a case for him. Really like Walkers potential but I dont think he's been the best right back in the league (Micah Richards, or is he not counted as that because he can also play CB).

Rest of the team is about right, Keeper must have been close though I probably would have given it to Krul or Vorm though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17825207

:laughing:

More seriously though who the fuck do they think they are? This is a club that massively broke the rules of the game. Frankly they've gotten off lightly and now the fans are threatening to spoil Hibs and Hearts occasion just because they don't think it's fair? The fans are to blame as much as David Murray and Craig Whyte. It's all part of the same insane circle of arrogance and assumed success that thought they could get away with it just because they're fucking Rangers.

Haha you have to laugh, no rangers player or fan will support Scotland whilst this is happening. Well that rules out about 3 players and about 50 fans, most of them are fucking irish or english anyway, go fuck yourselves you horrible club.

Good on the SFA, but sadly i can see this being appealed and Rangers winning, there is no way they will have to deal with a 12 month transfer ban.

Punishments in football are nearly always reduced. Some of the Serie A punishments for the match fixing scandal 6 years ago were brutal as fuck, and rightly so, but then in the end only Juventus actually got relegated and only into Serie B. They were supposed to be relegated to C1, and everyone else down to B. Not sure what was said in the appeal, but practically all of them were guilty of involvement in the scandal. Not sure how the punishment could be softened by any appeal. Same with Chelsea getting a 2 year transfer embargo for illegally signing Gael Kakuta. That punishment didn't even last until the next transfer window. The governing bodies need to harden up.

Punishments in football are nearly always reduced. Some of the Serie A punishments for the match fixing scandal 6 years ago were brutal as fuck, and rightly so, but then in the end only Juventus actually got relegated and only into Serie B. They were supposed to be relegated to C1, and everyone else down to B. Not sure what was said in the appeal, but practically all of them were guilty of involvement in the scandal. Not sure how the punishment could be softened by any appeal. Same with Chelsea getting a 2 year transfer embargo for illegally signing Gael Kakuta. That punishment didn't even last until the next transfer window. The governing bodies need to harden up.

The SFA dished out the maximum they could there, suspect they did it with a thoughT for how it might play with UEFA/FIFA. The fines mean bugger all, but the transfer embargo would be a beautiful blow if it were to stick.

FTOF, GIRFUY, etc....

With the Italian case it seemed like it was all planned in advance and that the final punishments were always what was going to happen. Bit of a farce really but Juve were never going to be sent to C1 were they?

Probably not, but it was the first punishment put in place but all the clubs appealed. When a harsh and unruly punishment is handed out in football, it seems so rare that the governing body sticks by it. I can't really think of a harsh one which hasn't been reduced. The Cantona ban perhaps? Or Luis Suarez's 8 games. They are rare though. Even with Cantona, his prison sentence got reduced to community service, though that wasn't anything to do with the FA or whatever.

Did anyone see this? The Australian grand final was decided by this penalty. There's no contact at all. He goes to shoot, but he misses the ball completely and falls over, and gets a penalty. And then they win the title. Amazing.

!

Wow what a cunt. Celebrating little fucker i wish the ball came back off the crossbar and fucked up his face.

The landlord at my local just about had a stroke yesterday about the rule changes. Standing there in his 1994 season Rangers shirt shouting and swearing. What a sight.

I hope they do get stuck with the embargo, but like soda said, football teams rarely have to serve their full punishments so I doubt it will happen.

My memory isn't what it once was, but didn't Fiorentina get punted all way to C1? Or was that for going into administration?

I love the picture of him. He's not even kissing the badge. He just fucking loves polyester

My memory isn't what it once was, but didn't Fiorentina get punted all way to C1? Or was that for going into administration?

AC Fiorentina effectively ceased to exist in 2002 due to $50million debts. Because of their financial position, they got relegated and were also denied a position in Serie B, so they went under. They formed as a football club again very shortly after - a case very similar to the Rangers case, whereby liquidation was merely to rid the club of debts they couldn't afford to pay. Despite being an Italian football heavyweight, they still had to start again in Serie C2, which is the 4th tier of Italian football. It was weird, in their first season back, they weren't allowed to be called Fiorentina, nor were they even allowed to wear their famous purple. They bought back those rights within a couple of years though.

The best thing about all of that is that all-round top gent Angelo Di Livio stuck with Fiorentina throughout the whole thing, and retired at the club 3 years later just after he'd helped them to get back into Serie A. What a bloke.

• Upvote 1