aberdeen-music

2011/2012 Season Thread

french_disko

European football is just unbeatable at this stage of the season. Every game I've watched this week has been ace. I struggle not to wet my pants when I think that my team could be in this game this time next year. Shola at the Nou Camp, round 2. Football is the best.

• Upvote 1

From what im reading this has been coming since the start of the season, he has thought about leaving for the last 6 months and i think the fact they have fell short of their very high standards this year i think has pushed him to leave. Its maybe for the best, its hard to see how he beats the last 4 years, and perhaps the club and the players have become a bit complacent, a bit of change should hopefully kick them back into top gear again.

Interesting names being thrown around like, the guy from Bilbao is the fav to take over, Luis Enrique is also touted as a possiblity, along with Lauent Blaunc.

I hope Guardiola stays. 5 seasons would be longer than he's always suggested he would stay in charge but I think he could win back at least one of the league and champions league next season and it would be nice if he didn't leave after his least successful season.

Bielsa at Barca could be something special though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858087

Meanwhile, former Rangers captain Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at Ibrox, revealed supporters groups will meet on Saturday to discuss implementing sanctions against other clubs.

"We are going to have a meeting with all the delegates from the whole of Britain, and some of them will be flying in from abroad," said Jardine.

"Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem to have been unfair to ourselves.

Eh, whit? If even ten percent of the things that Rangers are currently accused of pan out and prove to be true, that's a decade and a half of cheating. You are not the victims here and trying to shaft Eddie Thompson by not going to Tannadice for the next five years isn't going to change that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17858087

Meanwhile, former Rangers captain Sandy Jardine, who works behind the scenes at Ibrox, revealed supporters groups will meet on Saturday to discuss implementing sanctions against other clubs.

"We are going to have a meeting with all the delegates from the whole of Britain, and some of them will be flying in from abroad," said Jardine.

"Out of that, the supporters will take sanctions against clubs which we deem to have been unfair to ourselves.

Eh, whit? If even ten percent of the things that Rangers are currently accused of pan out and prove to be true, that's a decade and a half of cheating. You are not the victims here and trying to shaft Eddie Thompson by not going to Tannadice for the next five years isn't going to change that.

Eddie Thompson is dead. I think he's already shafted.

Pep is a good man. He made bold moves in flogging the likes of Ronaldinho, Deco, Eto'o, Henry etc for the sake of promoting from within inline with Barcelona's philosophy. That has to be applauded. He has a squad which includes a few of the worlds best players, but it was him who got them playing their own brand of football, which is great. I think everyone is very interested in how he will cope at a club which doesn't have such a ridiculously talented squad and the most renowned youth academy in the world. I'd like to see if he gets his next club to play the same type of football, and if he will carry on believing in young academy graduates over big signings. He's done a good job, and will continue to be a Barca legend, but I'd like to see how he copes with less resources and gets the best out of players who aren't as good as Messi and Xavi. I think he's a good manager and he most likely always will be (if he does return to management) but it's still interesting to see how he will tackle his next challenge.

Ligue uuuunnn has been awesome the past few years. Marseille reverted back to the chris waddle/basil boli days last year, Lille unleashed Hazard the year before and Bordeaux gourcuffed everyone the year before that. This year it's Montpellier's turn. Don't know a single player of theirs but they have a tidy strip and I wish them well. They didn't set the world alight but at least Pastore/PSG has gotten those door Paris folk watching football again.

As an aside, what a farce for such a big city to have one decent club and for people to still be apathetic towards that club. Paris, you're doing football wrong!