aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Aberdeen Whisky Shop on Union Street might, they have quite a good range of spirits.

The guy who owns it normally responds on facebook pretty quickly.

Aberdeen Whisky Shop

Unfortunately they didn't have Wood's rum (I've since been informed that Morrison's sell it for 22, though, if anyone else was wondering!) but did have a mighty fine selection of gins I'd never tried before, so will definitely be heading back when I have more money. :up:

A fiver for cars, tenner for coaches.

i can confirm. there was also an awfully helpful old parking attendant who was there to explain the entirely foreign concept of inserting pound coins into a ticket machine.

thank fuck he was there, other i would have been resorting to just chucking the coins in a blind panic at the machine and screaming 'Mongo want tickkeettt!!'

would have probably missed the show too......so he is a life saver.

hmm, awful lot of sarcasm for one post......

I got an email today from AECC about the Maiden gig tomorrow, which said in it "Parking at the AECC costs 5, and the machines do not give out change, so remember to take 5 in change with you". Amazing. After paying 40 each for tickets, I still have to pay 5 to use their car park, and if I don't have exact change with me I'm basically fucked. I love Aberdeen City Council.

I've also seen that guy. He just stands next to the machines saying "it needs exact change. No I don't have any change". Truly an inspiration to us all. I hate that car park anyway. It takes hours to get out as 5 lanes of traffic merge to get through one gate and it's down to who is least afraid to get their car bashed to push out first, while the stewards stand and watch. Unbelievable. I never park in there any more. They can cram their car park up their fucking arseholes.

Guest Gladstone

Where can I buy a good, but cheap laptop rucksack today/tomorrow?

My laptop is a 15.4' Toshiba thingy.

I have an ace Targus rucksack I got from work with my work laptop but have to hand all that stuff back tomorrow when I leave and need to take my own laptop on holiday with me, but all I have is a briefcase, which is fine, but I want to pack a few other things in there and a rucksack is much better.

I found a good one online last night at Currys I think it was for about 45 but ideally I'd like something for less than 30 if that's even possible (whilst still being good quality etc.)?

Guest Gladstone
I just fire my laptop in a laptop sleeve within my regular backpack.

Put a jumper or something in for extra padding if it's getting thrown into the hold.

I don't have a laptop sleeve either and my regular backpack is maybe not quite sturdy enough for all the stuff I'm going to cram into it tomorrow...!

I may just resort to this though. It won't be going in the hold - I never put my laptop in the hold after my brother-in-law's laptop disappeared from his case a couple of years ago.

Just a bit of padding really and a rucksack that feels sturdy enough to carry a decent amount of weight. I've found a cheap Targus one on the Tesco website - but can't get the fucker until Saturday. :down:

Guest Gladstone
I got a decent enough one in Argos - was also a last-minute buy before going on holiday.

What sort of price? Think I may have found one for less than 20 on ebay...