aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

FAO Lucky Rathen

I was in Dublin at the weekend. Seems a pretty nice city but what's with all the broken glass on the street? Like...everywhere.

I can't say it's something I've ever noticed. Where was this? Generally the streets are usually really clean.

What did you get up to and where did you stay? Tell me everything.

Why might my laptop be downloading things very slowly?

I just moved into my new place a week or so ago. I'm supposed to have fast internet and when I do a speed test I get about 90+ Mbps download and 20+ upload. When I've torrented something this has held up, I've got some things very quickly. However when I download something from a site like zippyshare, or podcasts on itunes or just streamed something it's been slower than I've ever experienced before. Most annoying it's affecting my ability to watch football on acestream.

How often do public swimming pools change the water?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't need to be changed, given all the chemicals they use in it. The filters should get changed often and the chemicals checked on a regular basis (few times a day).  Alford pool was rank though, and used to change theirs every 6 months or so - they just emptied it into the drain in their car park.

I figured they probably "treat" the water quite often to keep it clean but it's still going to get full of crap like hair gel and deodorant and perfume and stuff. And piss and hair and pubes. I'd have thought they would change the water completely every so often, surprised it's only once a year.

Filters and chemicals do the same job as 'replacing' no? Think about the drinking water from your taps... that stuff never gets replaced. You're essentially drinking your own piss from 5 years ago just put through a strainer a few times.

Sort of, but you kind of need to factor in this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_cycle