aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Daft question - it used to be when you installed a new program on your computer/laptop you had to restart it. I hardly ever see this now. Is there an interesting reason why?

It depends entirely upon the program and always did.  Specifically whether or not system files which are currently in use needed to be modified and hence done behind the operating system's back.  Some of the necessity for restarts I have found rather dubious - I've said Restart Later many times to then try the program and it works anyway.  But I think people are getting a bit smarter and realising that having to restart the computer irritates people and hence questioning more closely whether or not it is necessary.

• Upvote 1

would it not apply for college? like a scholarship or something similar? been asked to move abroad with a friend to Germany so he can do training to become a German teacher, was just wondering if i could do nursing courses over there.

Dunno, try googling it and find out for yourself. As far as I know it's intended for university level but that was just from a quick skim read.

at the place I volunteer we are considering doing a fundraising event, considering a hiking challenge of some sort. Possibly Ben Nevis? Any ideas along the lines of this?

One of the service users was wanting to sponsor me to do something. Obviously this wasn't allowed so we decided she could sponsor the money and it would go towards us as we are a charity. Just looking for ideas into what we could do.

Regards,

Joss

at the place I volunteer we are considering doing a fundraising event, considering a hiking challenge of some sort. Possibly Ben Nevis? Any ideas along the lines of this?

One of the service users was wanting to sponsor me to do something. Obviously this wasn't allowed so we decided she could sponsor the money and it would go towards us as we are a charity. Just looking for ideas into what we could do.

Regards,

Joss

Why doesn't she just donate the money and save everyone any bother?

Or she could sponsor you not to write yous or you's or youse EVER AGAIN........

Why doesn't she just donate the money and save everyone any bother?

Or she could sponsor you not to write yous or you's or youse EVER AGAIN........

because really why should we just get a donation from one service user when we could get loads more donations and sponsors to go towards day out with the service users etc.Not only that but it helps the staff too as it's like a team building exercise.