aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Also, the car I hired had an excess waiver on it if $0 per day through atlas but when I picked it up, hertz wanted a $3000 pre-authorisation payment in case i crashed the thing. I told them about the atlas deal but they weren't interested.

Edited by Skacel

I questioned it at the time, but to be honest, I can't remember now.

"Technically" they aren't the tenant in terms of the contract signed between me and them.  I am the Landlord, and the guy actually in the flat is the Tenant.  When there is no Tenant, the Landlord pays the council tax.

The contract between me and Northwood is not a Lease - it's a Guaranteed Rental Agreement or something like that.  It's a bit cheeky to be honest, but that's the way it works.  For the sake of the odd fairly low council tax bill once a year at the most, I'm not going to rip up the contract and go elsewhere (because on a managed contract, I would need to pay the council tax and I wouldn't get anything if the flat was ever empty).  The incentive on Northwood to fill the flat is far greater with the Guaranteed rent scheme.

Not common that you would lose quality making it smaller but don't use JPEG if it isn't your final image and you need it to be compressed. Use PNG unless you need it to be compressed. Also, if you're moving images between projects, keep compression to a minimum. 

cheers. it was just a lazy thing. took a jpg i had already made and just popped it on, and then it all went to pot. I might try figuring out how to use it more and just import a project or something if i can.

In GIMP, i had a jpg that I made in gimp, that I wanted to put in a new picture, just smaller. So i added it, and resized, but as I thought it would it went a bit blurry and not as vibrant.

What can I do to stop the quality dropping?

Check which interpolation you're using.  I think Cubic gives best results, but experiment.  Of course it depends upon the relative sizes we're talking about here.