aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I got a warning once, for allegedly linking Lemonparty, but the link didn't actually take you to Lemonparty. I think I got the .com and .org mixed up. So, essentially I just got my wrists slapped for saying Lemonparty.

Infact, I've said Lemonparty 4 times in the post now, so I assume that's a banning.

I regret nothing.

• Upvote 2

It is, it's the shower.

I have the same problem in my flat, just a wee window and no extractor fan. I just make sure the bathroom window is always open when i have a shower, and for an hour or so after, no matter how cold it is, its the only way of reducing the problem. Cleaning wise bleech wont really kill it, your looking at sanding down the walls to really get rid of the mould and re-painting the place. 

Any tips for getting mould off bathroom walls? And keeping it gone? I always spray it with a bleach solution and scrub it but it comes back within a few weeks. It also takes half the paint off, and I breathe in a lot of bleach.

Ventilation. Keep your bathroom window open, if your bathroom has one. Does it have an extractor fan? Leave that on for a good half hour after the shower if it does. If not, open a couple of other windows in rooms close by and keep the bathroom door open after showering.

Any tips for getting mould off bathroom walls? And keeping it gone? I always spray it with a bleach solution and scrub it but it comes back within a few weeks. It also takes half the paint off, and I breathe in a lot of bleach.

Best thing to do is to find out exactly what's causing the mold to appear.

Is it definitely only being caused by steam? It seem's pretty unlikely as the rate it's reappearing is pretty quick. Have you checked that your shower isn't leaking? Cracks in the tile grouting? Silicon seal looking a bit worse for wear?

Basically the only way to remove mold and for it to stay away is to find what's causing it, fix it and then re decorate the area. I'd personally put up some new plasterboard as well as decorate. Fuck breathing in mold.