aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Your not wrong, but they are far less damaging than normal fags, from what i have read. 

I quite like them, they give you the feel of smoking, ie the inhaling and the breathing smoke, but without the smell of fags. Unless for joints tho. 

I assume you meant useless, instead of unless? I know a few folk who only smoke their weed through a vaporiser now and swear by it! That's a desk top one though, rather than one of those efag things.

xx

Guest Cool Thinker

Don't know when, but I would expect why was to stop it being used as a rat-run.

I used to live with my back door on the road but the road was closed before I was born. It is not only that road but Cornhill Terrace is also closed. I had heard it was because of the primary school and concerns over safety but I am not sure that was the reason. There is only a pavement on one side of the road so it would be dangerous if a child was playing out back. Badly designed.

EDIT - Someone is trying to flog a house on the road and they have said that it is very close to the AECC.

I had not been back to the area since I left in 2008.

Edited by Cool Thinker

Maybe not a quick question, but how long does it take antibiotics to clear from your system? I was put on some poison called Clarithromycin, lasted two days before developing full-blown psychosis, lost about 85% sense of reality and although that's now gone, have been left with vertigo/dizziness and ringing in my ears right now, 36 hours later. Waiting for NHS 24 to call back currently and fairly terrified. Is it normal to still be getting these shitty side effects? Anyone had any experience with something like this? It's fucking crap!

Saw this at the wknd. Scary stuff. everything ok now? Never knew antibiotics had possible neurological side effects that severe.

Saw this at the wknd. Scary stuff. everything ok now? Never knew antibiotics had possible neurological side effects that severe.

It's not ok :( Felt like it got worse today but might have been cause I didn't sleep well, so went back to doc and it's essentially a fucking waiting game. Literally can't do all the shit I was able to do only a few days ago. Everything is pretty fucked and I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone. Been given a timeframe of 2-3 weeks now...

It's not ok :( Felt like it got worse today but might have been cause I didn't sleep well, so went back to doc and it's essentially a fucking waiting game. Literally can't do all the shit I was able to do only a few days ago. Everything is pretty fucked and I wouldn't wish this crap on anyone. Been given a timeframe of 2-3 weeks now...

Not good to hear you are still suffering from this. The worse thing about it I found after a similar experience, was the fact that there was nothing you could do about it at all and then on top of that I still had tonsillitis. Grim times. Hope you feel better soon!

Not good to hear you are still suffering from this. The worse thing about it I found after a similar experience, was the fact that there was nothing you could do about it at all and then on top of that I still had tonsillitis. Grim times. Hope you feel better soon!

Can I ask what you went through if it's not too personal? And did you recover fully etc? When you say nothing you could do, do you mean you had to wait for it to go away? I feel like I'm still alive but not myself. I only ever had an anxiety problem which I controlled without meds but on Thursday it escalated into psychosis which I'm getting over but now I've got waves of depression because of the physical symptoms (vertigo, ringing in ears/tinnitus/pain in ears). I've never felt this awful. Living in hell atm and I can't even go to band practice, one of the only things keeping me happy. Thank you, hope you are alright. :)

Can I ask what you went through if it's not too personal? And did you recover fully etc? When you say nothing you could do, do you mean you had to wait for it to go away? I feel like I'm still alive but not myself. I only ever had an anxiety problem which I controlled without meds but on Thursday it escalated into psychosis which I'm getting over but now I've got waves of depression because of the physical symptoms (vertigo, ringing in ears/tinnitus/pain in ears). I've never felt this awful. Living in hell atm and I can't even go to band practice, one of the only things keeping me happy. Thank you, hope you are alright. :)

Around 7-8 years ago I got tonsillitis. I went to the doctors and was prescribed antibiotics for it (I can't remember the name but I've got it somewhere) and I ended up, as my Mum put it, 'going mental'. Similar symptoms to yourself but mainly delirious and mad hallucinations. For two days I just lay about not doing much, sleeping, seeing crazy shit and feeling awful. After that I was about 50% over it but had several bouts of delirium and was hallucinating quite frequently for the next week or so. Apparently I was like a different person and was acting very weird.

Apart from feeling like utter shit I found the most frustrating thing about it all was the fact that I just had to ride it out. It's quite a helpless feeling. 

Eventually all my symptoms disappeared completely after about 2-3 weeks. It just kind of faded out, all my symptoms just got less and less severe until they were gone. 

Thankfully I've been left with no lasting side effects but it's made me very wary of taking drugs I've not been prescribed before.

Around 7-8 years ago I got tonsillitis. I went to the doctors and was prescribed antibiotics for it (I can't remember the name but I've got it somewhere) and I ended up, as my Mum put it, 'going mental'. Similar symptoms to yourself but mainly delirious and mad hallucinations. For two days I just lay about not doing much, sleeping, seeing crazy shit and feeling awful. After that I was about 50% over it but had several bouts of delirium and was hallucinating quite frequently for the next week or so. Apparently I was like a different person and was acting very weird.

Apart from feeling like utter shit I found the most frustrating thing about it all was the fact that I just had to ride it out. It's quite a helpless feeling. 

Eventually all my symptoms disappeared completely after about 2-3 weeks. It just kind of faded out, all my symptoms just got less and less severe until they were gone. 

Thankfully I've been left with no lasting side effects but it's made me very wary of taking drugs I've not been prescribed before.

Thank you for taking the time to reply again. :) At least you're out of it now, glad! I'm having to ride it out too - awful. I got meds for the vertigo but desperately trying to leave them alone due to a list of even more side effects. :S Doesn't stop me getting depressed about it though. I've not had anyone say this to me yet, but I feel myself I've got the "I'm a different person" thing. Randomly start to feel worse at times because I get paranoid the effects won't reverse. Again really appreciate you talking about this experience, just realising I'm not alone as it's not something I've seen happen to anyone before! Gives me hope. :D

• Upvote 1

Thank you for taking the time to reply again. :) At least you're out of it now, glad! I'm having to ride it out too - awful. I got meds for the vertigo but desperately trying to leave them alone due to a list of even more side effects. :S Doesn't stop me getting depressed about it though. I've not had anyone say this to me yet, but I feel myself I've got the "I'm a different person" thing. Randomly start to feel worse at times because I get paranoid the effects won't reverse. Again really appreciate you talking about this experience, just realising I'm not alone as it's not something I've seen happen to anyone before! Gives me hope. :D

It's something I'd never really heard of before it happened to me. Over the years I've heard of it happening to a few people but it's not really that common luckily. Paranoia can be particularly difficult to deal with as the more you start thinking about it the worse it gets!

It's a pretty horrible experience but I'm sure you'll be on the road to recovery in no time!

It's something I'd never really heard of before it happened to me. Over the years I've heard of it happening to a few people but it's not really that common luckily. Paranoia can be particularly difficult to deal with as the more you start thinking about it the worse it gets!

It's a pretty horrible experience but I'm sure you'll be on the road to recovery in no time!

It's all new to me! I had no idea antibiotics had any effect on chemicals in the brain and the inner ear (balance, hearing), etc - thought it only had risks of affecting organs such as the liver since it processes it and the heart... Things like that, not that that makes it any less harmful! I turned into a complete nutter over the course of 2 or 3 days. I think it's probably a lot more common than the pharmaceutical companies make out on the leaflets, which is unfortunate. I hope so too, thank you. :) That is true about the paranoia part.

Did you eventually cope with the tonsillitis? I took 3 different antibiotics for a bacterial tissue infection of the nose (tiny wound, no idea how it happened) and this was the fourth (lost count tbh) so as well as getting over the crappy side effects I'm scared I'll have to cope with the infection coming back since I was meant to take the tablets for one month and only got to three days, barely. Got creams and stuff that have failed before but really think I'm going to persevere with them.

Anyone got any experience with E-Cigs?

I was thinking of getting one of those vapour ones to try it out but I don't really know what I'm looking for. There's some many different types, and all the oils and shit. I've heard they can be kind of rough on the throat as well. Did it help keep you off the smokes?

From personal experience, if you want to quit smoking, don't use something else as a substitute, it just keeps your mind on it. Better to just go cold turkey. But you need to WANT to stop. 15 years now....

It's all new to me! I had no idea antibiotics had any effect on chemicals in the brain and the inner ear (balance, hearing), etc - thought it only had risks of affecting organs such as the liver since it processes it and the heart... Things like that, not that that makes it any less harmful! I turned into a complete nutter over the course of 2 or 3 days. I think it's probably a lot more common than the pharmaceutical companies make out on the leaflets, which is unfortunate. I hope so too, thank you. :) That is true about the paranoia part.

Did you eventually cope with the tonsillitis? I took 3 different antibiotics for a bacterial tissue infection of the nose (tiny wound, no idea how it happened) and this was the fourth (lost count tbh) so as well as getting over the crappy side effects I'm scared I'll have to cope with the infection coming back since I was meant to take the tablets for one month and only got to three days, barely. Got creams and stuff that have failed before but really think I'm going to persevere with them.

I just had to grin and bear the tonsillitis and get over it without antibiotics. Nothing Mums soup and lashings of jelly couldn't sort out!

I just had to grin and bear the tonsillitis and get over it without antibiotics. Nothing Mums soup and lashings of jelly couldn't sort out!

Sounds a nightmare but glad you got over it. Currently still going through hell.  :( Barely been eating, literally been staring at the tv for 6 days straight. Here's hoping I can look back in a while and laugh at myself.

Can everyone see my "1 Warning Point" message under my avatar or just me?

It's from when I was really bored and kept posting quotes from the Fugitive in threads for a laugh.

I realise the folly of my ways.

Nope, but now I know you have one, cheers :)

I have one too, just so you can add that to you records.

Edited by Jaaakkkeee