aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I had a question I needed to ask last night but now I've forgotten it. So I'll ask a different one.

REMEMBERED.

Is there a safe way to trim down vinyl?

I own a record that has like, a wee lip round the edge that makes it too big for my record player. Can i trim it off without wrecking the record? I was thinking about maybe just sanding it down...?

REMEMBERED.

Is there a safe way to trim down vinyl?

I own a record that has like, a wee lip round the edge that makes it too big for my record player. Can i trim it off without wrecking the record? I was thinking about maybe just sanding it down...?

Sharp knife and be REALLY careful?

I had the same problem with an odd shaped record. Use an LP you don't care for as a template, put it on top of the odd-shaped LP, and cut along the curve. Worked for me. The stanley just glided through the wax, so it was a smooth cut.

Don't give him advice, i was hoping he'd ruin his Enter Shikari vinyl and/or sever a couple of fingers.

• Upvote 4

Jake, we get it, you buy lots of vinyl because you are uber cool. You don't need to make every other post about waiting on records/buying records or cutting bits off records.

It was a genuine question. And if you're referring to my recent post in Pet Hates, it was a genuine pet hate. I don't see the problem. Oh I forgot, Aberdeen-music isn't a music forum. How silly of me.

Is Young Adolescent real? Or is he like those Bots that you can send a text to, and they give you an answer, but instead of answers and information, you just get total indecisive waffle?

I liked it when he was answering questions aimed at fatboy about fatboys guitars. Man. What a nut.