aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Has anyone had any experience with Amazon Next Day Delivery?

I've ordered an item and I got free next day delivery for signing up to trial Amazon prime (I immediately unsubscribed after my item was dispatched). Will it definitely be here tomorrow? The only next day thing that has ever arrived for me on time was a wireless network card which came from Germany. Those ruthlessly efficient Germans. 

Probably not, most amazon "next-day" deliverys are anything but when you live further North than Dundee. I've actually had something ordered at the same time delivered quicker on standard delivery than the item on next day delivery (both were in stock etc).

Probably not, most amazon "next-day" deliverys are anything but when you live further North than Dundee. I've actually had something ordered at the same time delivered quicker on standard delivery than the item on next day delivery (both were in stock etc).

Disappointing. I'll just have to wait and see. I've got an email through saying it has been dispatched. I'll just have to get an complaining email sent away if it doesn't arrive. Amazon are suckers for ridiculous customer service.

I did exactly the same - amazon prime, next day delivery. Took 3 days to arrive. Didn't bother complaining because, in the grand scheme of things, I clicked a button and some stuff magically fucking appeared on my doorstep. But yeah, prime is a waste of time and it probably won't be "next day".

xx

Prime is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me. I order something at work and it's at my door when I get home sometimes. But, I live in the right area for it. Why they would even advertise it as being available where they can't keep the next day promise I don't know. It's simple maths... you live x amount of miles away from y depot... it aint getting there on time.

You're right, Amazon are crazy when it comes to service though. You should definitely complain because they take that stuff seriously. I heard a story during the hurricane here last year (I forget if I read it or it actually happened to someone I know) -  mid-hurricane there's a buzz at the door and it's the amazon delivery guy.

Prime is pretty much the best thing that's ever happened to me. I order something at work and it's at my door when I get home sometimes. But, I live in the right area for it. Why they would even advertise it as being available where they can't keep the next day promise I don't know. It's simple maths... you live x amount of miles away from y depot... it aint getting there on time.

You're right, Amazon are crazy when it comes to service though. You should definitely complain because they take that stuff seriously. I heard a story during the hurricane here last year (I forget if I read it or it actually happened to someone I know) -  mid-hurricane there's a buzz at the door and it's the amazon delivery guy.

I watched that Undercover Boss episode where there CEO of DHL was on there. The shit they have to get their delivery drivers to do to keep on schedule is fucking insane. I know a few guys who work in that kind of jobs and they are all on the verge of losing their licences because it's not physically possible to cover all the miles in a shift on time without breaking the speed limit. Madness.

xx

I watched that Undercover Boss episode where there CEO of DHL was on there. The shit they have to get their delivery drivers to do to keep on schedule is fucking insane. I know a few guys who work in that kind of jobs and they are all on the verge of losing their licences because it's not physically possible to cover all the miles in a shift on time without breaking the speed limit. Madness.

xx

I used to work for White Arrow/Reality Group as a delivery driver. Some of the stories i could tell about that would encourage you to never put your stuff in the hands of delivery companies. It was a real eye opener. I tried my hardest to not cut corners but i'd be lying if i said i hadn't.

You're right, Amazon are crazy when it comes to service though. You should definitely complain because they take that stuff seriously. I heard a story during the hurricane here last year (I forget if I read it or it actually happened to someone I know) - mid-hurricane there's a buzz at the door and it's the amazon delivery guy.

They have a big warehouse by Dunfermline, so next day should be possible.

anyone know if there is a bus that goes right to castle fraser?

tried looking online but they seems to stop 4miles away from it which cant really walk (in a decent amount of time) thought (hoped) since its maybe a tourist attraction there might be a bus that goes to it (or at least prety near 5-10min walk) ??

anyone know if there is a bus that goes right to castle fraser?

tried looking online but they seems to stop 4miles away from it which cant really walk (in a decent amount of time) thought (hoped) since its maybe a tourist attraction there might be a bus that goes to it (or at least prety near 5-10min walk) ??

http://www.nts.org.uk/Property/Castle-Fraser-Garden-Estate/Getting-there/

"Castle Fraser is 4 miles N of Dunecht and 16 miles W of Aberdeen.

By bus

Stagecoach Bluebird bus numbers 210, 215, 216 and 217 all stop at Dunecht, 4 miles from Castle Fraser.

By train

On reaching Aberdeen railway station, take the Stagecoach Bluebird bus numbers 210, 215, 216 or 217 from Aberdeen bus station, which is right next to the railway station, to Dunecht, 4 miles from Castle Fraser.

By bike

Whilst no National Cycle Routes pass near Castle Fraser, it is still an easy place to access by bike."

A couple...

1) Is anyone aware of a place that I would be able to get hold of an old bicycle?

This sort of style: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_F4i6pMD7MeA/TRNYTeSlloI/AAAAAAAABqU/DczsQkmfy2E/s400/Melbournebikes.JPG I want to refurbish it (if need be) and give it to someone as a gift. I'm thinking scrapyards etc? I don't really know - any thoughts welcome!

2) Does anyone have a camcorder that will read mini DV tapes (http://realistvideo.com/sites/4/component_storage/component_image/Mini-DV.jpgthat I can borrow for an evening?

I sold my camera before I uploaded the videos electronically and would like to do this so that I can actually watch them. If there's anything dirty you can have it as part of the deal (or not, obviously - your choice!). A coupl'a pints for anyone that can assist!

2) Does anyone have a camcorder that will read mini DV tapes (http://realistvideo.com/sites/4/component_storage/component_image/Mini-DV.jpgthat I can borrow for an evening?

I sold my camera before I uploaded the videos electronically and would like to do this so that I can actually watch them. If there's anything dirty you can have it as part of the deal (or not, obviously - your choice!). A coupl'a pints for anyone that can assist!

You may be able to get one from the Library.

• Upvote 1

Where did teabags post the link to 'drawing cocks on the local paper' facebook page by one of his pals?

Anyway, doesnt matter, just wanted to say how funny its been seeing it go from a few likes to 100k+ in a couple of weeks and all the trappings that come with it - trolls, copy cats, getting lambasted for plugging his mates' pages etc. Classic internet.

Where did teabags post the link to 'drawing cocks on the local paper' facebook page by one of his pals?

Anyway, doesnt matter, just wanted to say how funny its been seeing it go from a few likes to 100k+ in a couple of weeks and all the trappings that come with it - trolls, copy cats, getting lambasted for plugging his mates' pages etc. Classic internet.

Was in the funnty tumble thread.

And yeah, he was pretty overwhelmed by it all and now its all getting a bit out of hand.