aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

UK Netflix isn't great, but the US one is much better - though only for TV. The selection of films on it is pretty woeful. Getting the US one is easy, all you have to do is sign up for the UK one as normal, then download an add-on for your browser to trick Netflix innto thinking you're in the US (or change the network settings on your XBox), close the window and log back in and you've got it. You only need to do it once and it's changed permanently. I've got details of both which I use and have never had a bother with, PM me if you want them.

This is the bomb! Cheers.

I already thought Netflix was decent in what it had to offer. Now it's just ridiculous. I don't even know where to start.

Yeah it's ridiculous. I sometimes watch a bunch of half hour sitcoms one after the other so it feels like I'm watching TV. The other week I watched one episode of The Munsters, then Dinosaurs, then Louis, etc. Great day.

Anyway, new question. What's a good free converter for FLAC > MP3, that won't only allow me to convert three or four files then ask for a credit card, or only allow me to output to .wav or something annoying.

If I don't need to rebias the tubes (apparently it's not necessary in a dual terror) is swapping out tubes a simple job I could do myself? 

My amp's making a hoor of a noise, possibly due to a microphonic pre or power tube.  Never been replaced in the 3 and a half years I've owned it but I can't be arsed taking it to Dunfermline to the ONLY GUY IN SCOTLAND that seems to fix valve amps.

If I don't need to rebias the tubes (apparently it's not necessary in a dual terror) is swapping out tubes a simple job I could do myself? 

My amp's making a hoor of a noise, possibly due to a microphonic pre or power tube.  Never been replaced in the 3 and a half years I've owned it but I can't be arsed taking it to Dunfermline to the ONLY GUY IN SCOTLAND that seems to fix valve amps.

I have little to no knowledge of this, but if by tubes you mean the valves themselves then yes I believe it's as simple as unscrewing a bit, screwing the valves out and replacing them with new ones?

Ricky and Adam both change their valves over themselves periodically when their amps are starting to sound a bit dull/noisy.