aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Does anyone know how to keep cats out your garden?

There's a gang of feral cats living just outside my backie and they come in and stink up the place with their rabies-filled shit and piss. I don't want to harm them or anything, I just want them to stay the fuck out so I can sit outside and not gag from the smell. I've tried dribbling eucalyptus oil around the perimeter but that did fuck all. Anything else I can try?

There's a gang of feral cats living just outside my backie and they come in and stink up the place with their rabies-filled shit and piss. I don't want to harm them or anything, I just want them to stay the fuck out so I can sit outside and not gag from the smell. I've tried dribbling eucalyptus oil around the perimeter but that did fuck all. Anything else I can try?

Snares. What a hoot!

Get a dog. Or a cat of your own (it'll mark it's territory).

Spoonie will probably post a picture of a shotgun in a minute...

Do you just have grass in your back garden or do you have a patch for growning veg or anything that they are using?

My old man had a problem with cats round his taking shits in his veg patch, so now he has a heap of little sticks in the mud, the cats do not enjoy trying to manouver round them or over them so they stay away now.

• Upvote 1

Strangely i've got astroturf. Also got planter boxes around the perimeter which they seem to be shitting/pissing in. They tend to 'chill' on the astroturf.

I've thought about getting one of those sonic things but i've heard mixed reports. Also, not sure what the range is and I don't want them to have to leave the vacant house next door because they'd have nowhere to go. I just want them to not come in my garden, they can wander outside no problem.

The stick idea might work somewhat. At least it'll put them off a little.

These things would consume a house cat no problem. I saw them tucking into a huge rat the other day. They're cats with street-smarts from the wrong side of the tracks.

• Upvote 3

Strangely i've got astroturf. Also got planter boxes around the perimeter which they seem to be shitting/pissing in. They tend to 'chill' on the astroturf.

I've thought about getting one of those sonic things but i've heard mixed reports. Also, not sure what the range is and I don't want them to have to leave the vacant house next door because they'd have nowhere to go. I just want them to not come in my garden, they can wander outside no problem.

The stick idea might work somewhat. At least it'll put them off a little.

If you put sticks into those boxes it will put them off, they wont want to try and position their arse around them, the only thing you need to watch for is the fact they have used those places for the toilet. Cats like going back to the same places and may try and dig them up, ferral cats especially.

That was my first instinct, but I've done that and I've also told the story about my dad roasting a cat with his Black Widow catapult. So then I thought back to my youth. "What other nasty shit have I seen happen to cats?" Of course - that time we were out snaring rabbits and there was a house cat caught and it was going apeshit so it had to be "put down". Spicy.

The door of my shed doesn't close properly, all the neighbourhood cats go in there and sleep during the day, I've seen 6 or 7 different cats coming out of it. They don't bother me though, as long as they don't come in the house, which they used to. The back bedroom window looks over a flat roof and if I left the window open I would to go up to bed and find this big ginger cat laying on my bed, looking at me like I'M the cunt.

• Upvote 2

The door of my shed doesn't close properly, all the neighbourhood cats go in there and sleep during the day, I've seen 6 or 7 different cats coming out of it. They don't bother me though, as long as they don't come in the house, which they used to. The back bedroom window looks over a flat roof and if I left the window open I would to go up to bed and find this big ginger cat laying on my bed, looking at me like I'M the cunt.

Nef C again?

• Upvote 1

Is my Microwave broken?

When I use it as normal the internal light comes on, the platter spins around and when it's done, it goes ping, but everything comes out the same temperature I put it in. It does everything except cook. A bit of a detriment to the device.

Yes

• Upvote 2