aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Slightly different from finding something that is in protective wrapping or something. Fuck me you all think it's that minky. You have probably drank pints that are dirtier.

Pints that we have paid for. Minkiness isn't just a hygiene thing, it's also about not behaving like an utter scumbag and stealing other people's things.

Yeah? Same bin that's had thousands of pounds of waste in it over a period of years, more likely than not with insects and a residual scum at the bottom of it? Not to mention the fact they chuck out all sorts of shit with the food, broken glass, etc.

And it's still the companies property! Doesn't matter whether or not it's getting used, you have no right to take it! From a personal point of view, would you not be utterly, utterly ashamed if someone caught you raking in a bin?

There's a site which deals with day out of date food, order it from there.

Wouldn't be ashamed in the slightest.

Aye it is pretty expensive. Especially when you have bills and debts and not a lot of money. I have never done this but I see no reason not to.

It's really not. Everyone has bills to pay, doesn't mean you should just take something that doesn't belong to you. Do you think this sites URL reads 'Dundee-Music'? Hmm?

Aye it is pretty expensive. Especially when you have bills and debts and not a lot of money. I have never done this but I see no reason not to.

There are two main reasons:

1) You are taking food to put into your own body from an actual rubbish bin, filled with all sorts of minky things. This cannot be good for you.

2) You are stealing.

It's really not. Everyone has bills to pay, doesn't mean you should just take something that doesn't belong to you. Do you think this sites URL reads 'Dundee-Music'? Hmm?

LOL Dundee. You telling me if you walked past a bin and it had say an X-Box in it that didn't seem to be broken you wouldn't take it home. How about finding a tenner on the street? Hand it in to the bobbies? Fuck it the foods going to waste, no one is bothered if some hippies take the food.

LOL Dundee. You telling me if you walked past a bin and it had say an X-Box in it that didn't seem to be broken you wouldn't take it home. How about finding a tenner on the street? Hand it in to the bobbies? Fuck it the foods going to waste, no one is bothered if some hippies take the food.

The Shops are bothered, because they can be legally liable if someone got ill and also it costs them sales. People can lose jobs over other people taking stuff out of bins so it does matter.

I would pick up a tenner and pocket it, but I'm not breaking and entering anything. Also, if it obviously fell out of someones pocket I would like to think I'd give it to them. But there is a difference between finding something on the street with no obvious owner and breaking into someones property to forcibly remove items, against their will and to the possible detriment of their business. Such a horrible idea.

Also, your argument presupposes that all food thrown out is only thrown out because it's out of date. A lot of it is contaminated and thrown out because it's been deemed unsafe for consumption. If you're that worried about price order it through a legal site, which is dirt cheap, but you shouldn't steal.

The Shops are bothered, because they can be legally liable if someone got ill and also it costs them sales. People can lose jobs over other people taking stuff out of bins so it does matter.

I would pick up a tenner and pocket it, but I'm not breaking and entering anything. Also, if it obviously fell out of someones pocket I would like to think I'd give it to them. But there is a difference between finding something on the street with no obvious owner and breaking into someones property to forcibly remove items, against their will and to the possible detriment of their business. Such a horrible idea.

Also, your argument presupposes that all food thrown out is only thrown out because it's out of date. A lot of it is contaminated and thrown out because it's been deemed unsafe for consumption. If you're that worried about price order it through a legal site, which is dirt cheap, but you shouldn't steal.

I really don't care about stealing waste food. Hell, I know people who illegally download films and musics the wee minks.

Actually, putting said tenner in your pocket and not putting it straight to the police station is stealing, you should be giving to the police in the hope the original owner turns up to claim it, if not they will let you keep it after a period of time, since your being so anal about it all. Stealing food that is being thrown out isnt going to close any food supermarket.

• Upvote 1

A choice between taking some pre-packaged food out of a bin, or not eating for a day, simple choice really isnt it?

Some of you need to get over yourselves.

It's morally wrong to steal.

Also, you make it sound like we're in Mombassa or some poverty ridden shithole. We aren't. 99% of people in this country can afford food, week in week out. even if it's shitty smart-price stuff. Not like if they don't rake the bins they'll die, majority of freegans are just looking to save some cash, not just survive.

Youse need to stop being such horrible, thieving disgusting cunts.

Actually, putting said tenner in your pocket and not putting it straight to the police station is stealing, you should be giving to the police in the hope the original owner turns up to claim it, if not they will let you keep it after a period of time, since your being so anal about it all. Stealing food that is being thrown out isnt going to close any food supermarket.

Great, Milner wading in without another ill-informed, utterly ridiculous comment. Losing count of these now.

It's not going to close any supermarkets, but on a personal level people could get in serious shit if they didn't lock the bins or if food goes missing.

And does it matter if you're caught or not? It's still a scummy thing to do. If I could get away with stealing someones shit tomorrow and not get caught, I like to think I wouldn't do it because it's not a nice thing to do.

Which part of his post is ill-informed and utterly ridiculous?

It implies that there are no repercussions to people stealing out of the bins, and has a mental comparison between picking up a tenner not obviously belonging to anyone and breaking into a locked bin. Also doesn't acknowledge the moral implications, which is sorta the core of my argument.

It implies that there are no repercussions to people stealing out of the bins, and has a mental comparison between picking up a tenner not obviously belonging to anyone and breaking into a locked bin. Also doesn't acknowledge the moral implications, which is sorta the core of my argument.

The tenner does exsist to someone, it didnt end up on the street on its own, the fact you dont see that is astounding giving your stance on this.

Its ok to steal as long as you cannot put a name to the owner, is that what your telling us?

Morals are one thing, being able to eat for a few days is another, would i steal to feed myself? In a heartbeat, without a second thought. Would i "steal" out of date prepackaged food from a multi billion pound company? Easily.

• Upvote 1

You haven't acknowledged the moral implications of his argument. That tenner you put in your pocket is not yours. YOU PUT IT YOUR POCKET! NOW THEY DON'T HAVE MONEY TO EAT AND WILL HAVE TO BREAK INTO A BIN!!!!! FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKK

• Upvote 2

The tenner does exsist to someone, it didnt end up on the street on its own, the fact you dont see that is astounding giving your stance on this.

Its ok to steal as long as you cannot put a name to the owner, is that what your telling us?

Morals are one thing, being able to eat for a few days is another, would i steal to feed myself? In a heartbeat, without a second thought. Would i "steal" out of date prepackaged food from a multi billion pound company? Easily.

Aye, again ignoring my point, most freegans are looking to save money, not to survive. Hardly like stealing from a bin will mean the difference between life and death for someone, this isn't a third world country, the amount of times that would happen is infinitesimal. Food is very affordable, even if it's just cheap shit.

I'm saying breaking into someone's property is worse than finding a tenner on the street. Also, if you handed it into the police station, I sincerely doubt it would ever be claimed and if it was, there would scarcely be any proof saying it was that person's tenner. But it's sort of getting away from my point: don't be a cheap cunt, you probably aren't starving if you rake through bins, buy your own food.

I'm saying breaking into someone's property is worse than finding a tenner on the street. Also, if you handed it into the police station, I sincerely doubt it would ever be claimed and if it was, there would scarcely be any proof saying it was that person's tenner. But it's sort of getting away from my point: don't be a cheap cunt, you probably aren't starving if you rake through bins, buy your own food.

Absolutely not the point at all, doesnt matter if it would ever be claimed, it doesnt make your theft any more morally correct. If your going to sit on your pedestal and look down on everyone make sure your following what you preach. Dont just choose when the law is convenient for you to follow.

• Upvote 1

Aye, again ignoring my point, most freegans are looking to save money, not to survive. Hardly like stealing from a bin will mean the difference between life and death for someone, this isn't a third world country, the amount of times that would happen is infinitesimal. Food is very affordable, even if it's just cheap shit.

Stealing is stealing. I thought that was one of your main points. Putting a tenner in your pocket that you found on the street is stealing. Am I wrong? OK then! 905f049a-8285-4fd6-82d3-5aa7c0dc01c6.jpg

Absolutely not the point at all, doesnt matter if it would ever be claimed, it doesnt make your theft any more morally correct. If your going to sit on your pedestal and look down on everyone make sure your following what you preach. Dont just choose when the law is convenient for you to follow.

I was just commenting on the scale of the two 'crimes'. My initial post was just giving a supermarkets perspective on people stealing from bins. I hardly think I, or anyone else, is on a pedestal thinking that stealing from a bin is both disgusting and a bit of a shit thing to do.

Also, at no point did I use the law as my moral reference. I don't think every law is right or should be obeyed. Don't know where you're getting that from. All I was doing is explaining how it hurts supermarkets/staff in supermarkets and why I think it's wrong to take stuff out of bins. You just seem to be diverging from the main point of the discussion. Anyway this is getting really quite boring now to read, not just for me I'm sure, so we should all STFU. Maybe you more than others, seeing as a giant chunk of your posts across the board are utter drivel.