aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

We (the family business) are forced to use them when accepting orders from several companies. Guy came in on Monday with a new delivery after we told him on Friday we didn't want any backstock from another firm. The guy said he came in on Friday and dropped stuff at our desk, speaking to me personally. He didn't. He was a fucking liar and a member of Yodel said goods had been delivered and signed for, when they hadn't. There was absolutely no way we got any goods off of them. Shit, shit courier.

KEYBOARD NEEDED FOR TONIGHT, SAT and SUN.

Evening,

This may seem rather strange - basically, my girlfriend is leading worship at a small Christian conference near aberdeen airport this weekend, they're all set pretty much but her co-leader hasn't been supplied with the promised keyboard she needs. Long story short, I'm looking, wherever I can, for a keyboard for them, logistically I'm not sure how it will work getting it sorted but first things first - does anyone have or know of someone with a keyboard that could be borrowed/loaned for this weekend starting ASAP?

The rest we could sort out, but we need the keyboard!

Thanks guys, appreciate any help.

Jake

One for the maths buffs.

Given that there are 49 numbers in the UK National Lottery, how many tickets would you need to buy to put on to play every single possible combination of numbers?

And just to add to it:

There's the jackpot for 6 balls which you'd be guaranteed, but also 5 balls + bonus, 5 balls, 4 balls and 3 balls.

How many prizes would you win?

Can anyone recommend a local garage to repair dents and scratches on my car?

Polished Bliss the car detailers recommend Martin from Dent Devils for dent/ding repairs.

His mobile is 07702 162 962 so you could call him and get a quote in advance.

It all depends how bad the damage is.

As for the scratches, are they through the paint? You might manage to get them polished out to avoid a paint job. A rotary polisher and cutting compound could make the difference.

they don't make up the pallets, they just pick them up and deliver them. Up to the customer to ensure the pallets are made up right.

Yeah I know that. But it's the lack of care that did it like. You see an unsafe pallet, you should be telling off the sender, not just accepting it willy nilly.

The driver was nice enough like.

It's arguable which is correct, for example - American's like to use the singular to describe bands and sports teams also.

e.g.

"Aberdeen is having a great soccer season this year."

"Arcade Fire is rad, dude."

I use they. Like Arcade Fire are great. Aberdeen are shit. I'm pretty sure proper English dictates that it's a singular though.

Also - Americans. No apostrophe.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2004/jul/21/theknowledge.sport

We've answered this before, but here it is again in all it's simple glory: blue is the colour of Savoia, which as you probably know, was the ruling house of Italy from 1861 until 1946. Until then, the country's flag always had the Savoy coat of arms on it. It is only since the Italian Republic was established post-war that the tricolor has been the national flag. So now you know.