aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

You might find he wakes you anyway just because he thinks it's time to get up. My previous cat would jump on my head repeatedly at 6 every morning but there was often still food in his dish or if I fed him he ignored it until he was hungry. He just thought it was time to get up and start the day and thought I should be up as well.

By all means try the auto-feeder thing, but I'm not sure it'll solve the problem.

I do suspect as he is hungry, as by the time I get up and feed him, he calms down somewhat and goes back to sleep.

Did you ever get round the early morning calls? I have started using a "no bottle" - a water bottle which I scoot him with if he is doing something bad i.e. scratching furniture, excessive meowing, licking people's faces when they're sleeping, which does subdue him an awful lot, but I'd prefer a less mean alternative.

Did you ever get round the early morning calls? I have started using a "no bottle" - a water bottle which I scoot him with if he is doing something bad i.e. scratching furniture, excessive meowing, licking people's faces when they're sleeping, which does subdue him an awful lot, but I'd prefer a less mean alternative.

Not really. If I ignored him he eventually settled down again or remembered that there was nothing stopping him going downstairs on his fucking own and checking his bowl still had food in it (he'd only eat dry food so there was often some in his bowl from the day before).

I tried the water bottle but could never make it change his behaviour. Apparently unless you're really sneaky with it they associate the water with you and not the action that they're getting into trouble for. I found the best tactic for behavioural change was exclusion. So to stop him from jumping onto the counter when I was filling his food bowl I would shut him out of the kitchen until I'd put the bowl on the floor. That worked really quickly.

I can't wait to start going through this all again when we get our new kitten on Friday!

Not really. If I ignored him he eventually settled down again or remembered that there was nothing stopping him going downstairs on his fucking own and checking his bowl still had food in it (he'd only eat dry food so there was often some in his bowl from the day before).

I tried the water bottle but could never make it change his behaviour. Apparently unless you're really sneaky with it they associate the water with you and not the action that they're getting into trouble for. I found the best tactic for behavioural change was exclusion. So to stop him from jumping onto the counter when I was filling his food bowl I would shut him out of the kitchen until I'd put the bowl on the floor. That worked really quickly.

I can't wait to start going through this all again when we get our new kitten on Friday!

I've tried shutting him out of the bedroom, but he just meows for a while, then goes crazy on the door handle. This properly terrified the Mrs and I the first time, as the handle started flapping in a horror movie fashion. The water bottle definitely calms him down, so it's works for most occasions, EXCEPT in the morning. Little bastard!

Good luck with the kitten training, it's got to be easier than dealing with a 4 year old!

ceasar.png

"choo don't have to be aggreysive, choo jus' have dominate it"

"TSS"

What is the correct pronounciation of "Regina"? - in the following scenarios:

Elizabeth Regina (as in, formal title of the Queen, Regina being latin for Queen).

Regina Spektor (American singer)

I've always pronounced them both as REJ-AYE-NA (like to rhyme with vagina) but I heard someone on Spektor's album call her "REJ-EE-NA" (like to rhyme with Ribena). So which is right?

Elizabeth Regina (as in, formal title of the Queen, Regina being latin for Queen).

I've always pronounced them both as REJ-AYE-NA (like to rhyme with vagina) but I heard someone on Spektor's album call her "REJ-EE-NA" (like to rhyme with Ribena). So which is right?

I say REJ-IN-A but I believe most say RE-JEE-NA

In Spektor's case it's REJ-EE-NA, but I'm pretty sure it can be either. (or EETHER)

Where's a good UK-based online shop to buy band t-shirts?

My favourite was Corpse Clothing, just because of the Harold Shipman image they used to have on their help page. It was genius. Pricey but a massive selection from what I remember although more metal based. But they do have rock and other random things.

Service Information : Official music merchandise, funny t-shirts and cool stuff, official merchandise from the undead...

Loud Clothing was the other one I used.

Buy band T-shirts online at Loudclothing.com. Rock T-shirts and music tees.