aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I did ask in the Oxfam shop on Back Wynd but they only take donations at certain times, or only select titles.

I want to get rid of them all at once to the same place.

Oxfam piss me off with their "fussy" attitude. I'll take my signed first edition Harry Potter somewhere else then you feckers.

How about offering them on the Freecycle thread here?

Is the Chinese in the "New" Market any good?

Bigsby Jr and I left Mrs Bigsby to go and look at clothes shops last week and we took a wander down to R&B as I needed a string. After he was bored of R&B (he was was most disappointed that the noise of drumming coming from the front ended up being a CD or something rather than a real drummer) he said "I want to look at more shops down here". Well, The Green only has a few bars/restaurants, Granite Reef and another couple of clothes shops.

So we ventured into The New Market.

Jesus Christ.

I haven't been in for about 20 years and it still looks exactly the same, except New Market Tapes appears to be a dedicated country/Jimmy Shand style outlet now, altough Bigsby Jr wouldn't let me stop to investigate.

The whole place is a total dump and embarassment. BUT there was an unsanitary looking Chinese cafe that caught my eye. Maybe I'm being unfair and it was just the overall minky vibe of the market that put me off, but what impressed me about this Chinese place, was that actual Chinese folk were eating there -- surely a good sign.

So is it any cop?

The whole place is a total dump and embarassment. BUT there was an unsanitary looking Chinese cafe that caught my eye. Maybe I'm being unfair and it was just the overall minky vibe of the market that put me off, but what impressed me about this Chinese place, was that actual Chinese folk were eating there -- surely a good sign.

So is it any cop?

How do you know they're chinese as opposed to, say, korean?

Racist.

xx

After he was bored of R&B (he was was most disappointed that the noise of drumming coming from the front ended up being a CD or something rather than a real drummer)

I know it's a tangent from the thread but what noise of drumming? There is a drumkit downstairs that Ivor (shop manager) sometimes messes about on. Not sure what else there could have been!

Is the Chinese in the "New" Market any good?

Bigsby Jr and I left Mrs Bigsby to go and look at clothes shops last week and we took a wander down to R&B as I needed a string. After he was bored of R&B (he was was most disappointed that the noise of drumming coming from the front ended up being a CD or something rather than a real drummer) he said "I want to look at more shops down here". Well, The Green only has a few bars/restaurants, Granite Reef and another couple of clothes shops.

So we ventured into The New Market.

Jesus Christ.

I haven't been in for about 20 years and it still looks exactly the same, except New Market Tapes appears to be a dedicated country/Jimmy Shand style outlet now, altough Bigsby Jr wouldn't let me stop to investigate.

So is it any cop?

If it's the place I'm thinking of - and based on your description it is - then I've been there. The menu is limited, as you might expect from such a small joint, but the food I had there was definitely up to scratch and pretty darn cheap too. If I worked in town I'd definitely pop in from time to time for some noodles or dumplings.

I know it's a tangent from the thread but what noise of drumming? There is a drumkit downstairs that Ivor (shop manager) sometimes messes about on. Not sure what else there could have been!

We were up looking at guitars and Bigsby Jr could hear drumming and got excited (he has a little toy kit but I don't think he's actually seen anyone play a real kit).

So we went downstairs but it appeared to be coming from some speakers perched up by the acoustics?

We were up looking at guitars and Bigsby Jr could hear drumming and got excited (he has a little toy kit but I don't think he's actually seen anyone play a real kit).

So we went downstairs but it appeared to be coming from some speakers perched up by the acoustics?

Na, the drumkit is downstairs directly beneath the speakers that are next to the acoustics. The noise reduction is very minimal. Definitely the kit from below if it was about there :up: