aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Guess it's just the style of the band. Artists, innit. I really dig the music though and they put on a great live show, i guess after seeing so many photos of his thumb i actually forgot he's a pretty good drummer.

The pudgy faced one of indeterminate gender on the end is almost smiling. Cheer up fellas, it might never happen.

Does aberdeen have a decent marine fish and coral stockist left? Waterworld's selection is dreadful, and A1 gets nothing but bad rep.

As a side note if any ab-music members keep a marine tank hit me up with a pm, trying to sortout a circle of people to share frags.

Guy at my work waxes lyrical about the new dobbies on Lang Stracht. He is well into his tropical fish.

Nickel and Dime sell those powerpacks with the adjustable power rating on them for less than a tenner. I use one and it does the job. Pedals seem picky about power supplies though. A bad match means loud noises. Buzzing and shit. My adjustable powerpack hates my Loop Station and also that Chinese delay. It just spits out white noise when plugged in to either. It's fine with everything else though.

Where can I buy a power supply for a Digitech Digiverb pedal in town?

The power supply you need is an H PRO PS-200R.

It's 9.6V and 300mA with negative to centre polarity.

If you tried to use a multi adaptor (DC-9 etc.) then it'll be mega noisy as it needs 9.6V.

A Line 6 DC-1 supply would also work as it has the same rating.

Not sure if we have any left but R&B often stock the DC-1. :)

:up:

• Upvote 1

Guest idol_wild
That could be an option, but I'm sure Alkaline will be able to give me a definitive answer as to whether or not Bruce Millers can help me out.

I used to use those adjustable voltage packs. Work perfectly on Digitech pedals, and cost around 5, or even less, if you you shop properly.

The power supply you need is an H PRO PS-200R.

It's 9.6V and 300mA with negative to centre polarity.

If you tried to use a multi adaptor (DC-9 etc.) then it'll be mega noisy as it needs 9.6V.

A Line 6 DC-1 supply would also work as it has the same rating.

Not sure if we have any left but R&B often stock the DC-1. :)

:up:

Best reply. Multi-power supplies don't cut the mustard all the time.

I used to use one of those multi-power supply things for all my Boss pedals, it's worked fine at gigs and rehearsals but it was no good for recording, there was really bad interference / buzzing coming through it.

Boss pedals run a standard 9V so don't suffer the insane hum that using a 9.6V pedal with the same supply does. :)