aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

To get to Woodhill House from town (Union St or King St), which buses can I get. Is the 23 the most frequent/direct?

I used to work there and had to make frequent trips to town. I can guarentee you there are regular buses from there to town - I can't remember their numbers - but I never remember waiting more than 15 minutes for one; and usually only waited ~5.

What's the risks of making a bootleg remix and allowing it to be downloaded for free?

If it's free to download, it's legal.

And is it illegal to use samples from Youtube videos in music that will be paid for?

It's illegal to use samples that you do not have permission to use if you intend to use them in music that you are going to sell.

If it's free to download, it's legal.

It's illegal to use samples that you do not have permission to use if you intend to use them in music that you are going to sell.

Cheers.

I've seen quite a few remixes that aren't official be available for download.. is everyone breaking the rules? o_O

And cool. I guess I better fire off an email to a youtube account soon then!

Available to buy you mean? You can use anything really in music you're not going to sell as long as you give it away.

Again, it's one of these, though, that might breach T&Cs of the site you upload to. I imagine MySpace's terms, for example, state that you must have the right to use any samples in any music you upload.

Available to buy you mean? You can use anything really in music you're not going to sell as long as you give it away.

Again, it's one of these, though, that might breach T&Cs of the site you upload to. I imagine MySpace's terms, for example, state that you must have the right to use any samples in any music you upload.

Yeah that's what I meant by the remix thing. As long as I let it be downloaded for free I should be fine?

There's been loads of decent members who just fuck off all of a sudden and never come back. So inconsiderate.

Better that than a whole heap of "you're all a bunch of so-and-sos and you've hurt my feelings so I'm off" - except they don't go because they're too busy responding to the flame war they started by being a drama queen. If you're going to leave then just leave. Quietly.

Better that than a whole heap of "you're all a bunch of so-and-sos and you've hurt my feelings so I'm off" - except they don't go because they're too busy responding to the flame war they started by being a drama queen. If you're going to leave then just leave. Quietly.

The best ones are the holier than thou, 'i'm not wasting my time talking to a bunch of internet losers.' This isn't 1997, everyone's a nerd!