aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Turns out after going on 3 dates and a few meet ups and those cute calls every night, and texting me at 3am last week when I was going to ask her out, she called me last night out of the blue, not saying much, I asked where we stand. She hung up after hearing sobbing, then texted me saying she is not ready, and that I am 'too clingy'.

When really, I have been asking her where we stand so I know.

Fucking women... I've learned an important lesson here... Stay clear of tinder for long term relationships.

Ross_Joven.jpg

Edited by Surfer_Rosa
  • Upvote 3

My dishwasher is acting the cunt, it seems to wash everything fine and gets the food off, but when I take the dishes out they're all covered in this sort of gritty residue and I have to wash it all again by hand. Anyone know what's causing this?

Edited by Lemon Raspberry

My dishwasher is acting the cunt, it seems to wash everything fine and gets the food off, but when I take the dishes out they're all covered in this sort of gritty residue and I have to wash it all again by hand. Anyone know what's causing this?

Google suggests the holes in your spray arms might be blocked or not turning correctly (any tall plates etc. which prevents them moving freely?).  You should be able to remove them to give them a clean out.

Google suggests the holes in your spray arms might be blocked or not turning correctly (any tall plates etc. which prevents them moving freely?).  You should be able to remove them to give them a clean out.

I've checked the turning before (there isn't much clearance) but never checked if the nozzles were blocked, I'm going to have a go at that tonight. I've had it apart and cleaned all all the filters out, that seemed to make it worse. Maybe it's just fucked.

I fixed it last night. I think, I took it apart and the nozzles on the spray arms were all clogged up with like seeds and eggshell and bits of paper, so the arms weren't spraying or spinning, and also there was some weird stuff stuck in the filters, like the fucking lid off a milk carton. One of the filters is knackered (I've ordered a new part from Electrolux) and the whole thing needed a right good clean. So I took all the filters and spray bits out and cleaned them all, scrubbed the inside and and around the seals and everything. It seems to be working fine again. It was a combination of things, because the filters were clogged there was grimy stuff just sloshing around on the bottom of the dishwasher and getting lodged in all the crevices, which was then ending up all over the dishes and because the nozzles were blocked nothing was getting washed properly.

DISHWASHER CHAT.

I remember there being some "helpful tip" about putting a cut lemon into the dishwasher on its own, it helps remove any build-up.

Either that, try what I do with the washing machine and use white vinegar to clear the pipes.  Just make sure it's empty and do a normal wash.

What are the rules of Heads Up Poker?

A group of us played a game of poker the other day and when it got down to 2 people we realized none of us really knew what we were meant to do. We basically still played big/small blinds, which at that point were enough to make the other player go all in every hand, and it basically came down to blind luck which felt wrong.

What are the rules of Heads Up Poker?

A group of us played a game of poker the other day and when it got down to 2 people we realized none of us really knew what we were meant to do. We basically still played big/small blinds, which at that point were enough to make the other player go all in every hand, and it basically came down to blind luck which felt wrong.

Dealer is the small blind, and acts first pre-flop then acts second on the flop. And heads up can just be a back and forth all in slugfest. Depends on the players.

Heads up = 2 players left right? Or am I using the term wrong?

So if I understand right, we were doing it right. He had less chips than the big blind so he effectively was all in each hand and had to rely on luck (ended up I won after two face up draws (or whatever you call it)). it still seems very luck based. Is there a way a person with hardly any chips can still play strategically without going all in because they have less money than the blind?

Heads up = 2 players left right? Or am I using the term wrong?

So if I understand right, we were doing it right. He had less chips than the big blind so he effectively was all in each hand and had to rely on luck (ended up I won after two face up draws (or whatever you call it)). it still seems very luck based. Is there a way a person with hardly any chips can still play strategically without going all in because they have less money than the blind?

Yeah, heads up is 2 players left. If it got to 2 left and he had less money than the small or big blind, you must've had a bloody long game or bloody short blinds. Either way, he was in a very weak position.If you're a much smaller stack you're going to be playing the lottery basically.

Face up draws = a showdown.

Edited by Teabags

• 3 weeks later...