aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

when a travelling act comes to town, ie the circus, lady boys of bankok

how does someone manage to put up posters for such things in a closed premises, often a old dormant shop will have them all cellotaped up the glass of a locked door. there are always behind the glass. What is the secrets of managing to do this. perplexed me :)

Edited by fatboy
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

What happens to your current account when you're bank's local branch closes?  

I've had a bank account with the same branch of RBS since I was at school and now it's been announced that it is to close.  Even though I haven't lived there for years I've never had any reason to transfer or close this account (plus I like having a small branch I can call and deal with when I have to).

Will this account automatically migrate to another nearby branch?  Should I go ahead and move it myself?  I'm assuming that when the branch closes the sort-code goes with it so the account has to move somewhere? 

Edited by Mac Atom

You don't need to do anything dude - the sort code will be absorbed by a receiving branch (probably Stoney in this case) but all of your details will remain exactly as they are and you can do your banking in whatever branch you like. The only difference is that any new accounts you open, you won't be able to have them at the old sort code.

I have all of my accounts at the same branch as you and was really sad to see that new too (especially as I work for them) but with only 40 regular customers, 14 of whom also use other nearby branches, it just wasn't viable to keep it open. Remember, you can also do your banking a Post Offices and the app if you don't already have it is wicked.

• Upvote 2

I find it surprising too - there used to be a TSB, the Clydesdale and the Post Office offered its own banking services too, but it shows how the way that people bank has changed. The focus is largely on making sure that the bigger branches are fully kitted out and have everything you need and all of the people you could want to speak to for your big life events, and that the online and mobile services are as strong as they can be so that people don't actually have to use the banks unless they want to. I am in branches every day of my working life, but if it wasn't for the fact I work here, I doubt I'd be in more than once a year when my mum decides that she's gonna pay me some money by cheque, because apparently it's still the 1920s!

• Upvote 1