aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

• 3 weeks later...

I think I already know the answer to this, but is it at all possible to get the original Star Wars trilogy on Blu-Ray but completely not Lucas'd? Or DVD for that matter.

DVD not Blu-Ray - there was a release a few years ago that had both versions of each film in a box set.

Edited by colb

Comments on footballers' Instagram posts are the best.

Totally. I love it when Instagrammers give professional footballers advice on how to be a better footballer.

Here's a copy and paste from a comment left on Matteo Darmian's IG:

"Rembr to work hard off ball. You defend good but can attack better. Watch Rafa video to see how wing back play. Mata will be mad at you if you don't help. Improve your passing and skills"

I wish footballers would leave trolling responses. "Thanks kiddo. Staying behind after training to work on my passes today. I'll work on the skills tomorrow. Love from Matty D xo"

• 2 weeks later...

What are registration fees of disposition, regarding property purchases?

I thought it was just solicitor fees and stamp duty/LBTT that you had to pay....

It's the fee associated with registering your ownership of the property with the Land Registry of Scotland.

There's a calculator here for you to check the cost - it's linked to the value of the property: https://www.ros.gov.uk/services/fees/registration-fees-calculator

Edited by Adam Easy Wishes

• 1 month later...

Does anyone use a Kindle/tablet/ereader to read comics?

My collection of books and comics is getting out of hand, and I am considering downsizing and going electronic. It seems any tablet is capable of displaying books, but I want to make sure I get one that is suitable for comics too.

I've never used anything of the sort, so I don't know where to start. Does the type of tablet/ereader dictate where I can buy books/comics from, or is the format universal? Like, can you buy kindle books on Amazon and use them on another device? If you get a Nook, can you only read things from the Nook store?

Is there any sort of P2P filesharing for such files? If so, that is disgusting, and I'd appreciate all the information you have on such heinous acts so I can report it to the authorities.

Lastly, is this any good?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nook-9-inch-Processor-internal-storage/dp/B00AKC2NLM/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1451321747&sr=8-18&keywords=e-reader

If not, what is good? Budget would be about £80-£100. Not bothered about games, camera, or sound/video playback. It would just be for reading.

This was far from a quick question. It is loads of questions.

Probably very far out of my price range. Not really interested in what a tablet can do other than for books and comics, so an iPad is probably a bit excessive for my needs.

Stroop, what platform are you using to read comics? I was looking at Comixology and possibly the Marvel Unlimited subscription. Have you used either?

On 28 December 2015 at 5:28 PM, Soda van Jerk said:

Does anyone use a Kindle/tablet/ereader to read comics?

My collection of books and comics is getting out of hand, and I am considering downsizing and going electronic. It seems any tablet is capable of displaying books, but I want to make sure I get one that is suitable for comics too.

I've never used anything of the sort, so I don't know where to start. Does the type of tablet/ereader dictate where I can buy books/comics from, or is the format universal? Like, can you buy kindle books on Amazon and use them on another device? If you get a Nook, can you only read things from the Nook store?

Is there any sort of P2P filesharing for such files? If so, that is disgusting, and I'd appreciate all the information you have on such heinous acts so I can report it to the authorities.

Lastly, is this any good?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nook-9-inch-Processor-internal-storage/dp/B00AKC2NLM/ref=sr_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1451321747&sr=8-18&keywords=e-reader

If not, what is good? Budget would be about £80-£100. Not bothered about games, camera, or sound/video playback. It would just be for reading.

This was far from a quick question. It is loads of questions.

Pretty sure the standard for comics is CBR or CBZ, most players will be able to read it I reckon. And yeah it is transferable. 

I use Comic Flow on iPad:

2889jpe.png

Yeah I'm using Perfect Viewer for cbz/cbr files now. Does the job, though the menus are a bit clunky. 

I tried using Astonishing Comic Reader, which looked great, but is super buggy and just seems to pick and choose which pages it will load, if any. Shame, as it had a much better function for collecting Comics together and looks super slick. It syncs with dropbox, google drive, one drive etc. Annoying. 

8 hours ago, James Broonbreed said:

If you buy a property and something which is not specifically covered in the home report is not right e.g. My boiler is losing pressure regularly, what's the score?

IIRC, you have about a week post-purchase to bring any issues with a boiler up with the seller, after which you're basically screwed.