aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

So a few years ago there was an ad campaign about racism in Scotland, "No Place for Racism" I think... There was one advert where I think a bunch of dudes were in a pub and one guy asks "Who fancies a chinky?" and everyone stops and stares at the guy and there's an asian family in the background and everyone looks at them like OH NO HE DIDN'T and shit.

Anyone able to find a link to a video clip of that ad? I'm having an argument online because I've made some fucking terrible life choices.

xx

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Royal Mail/DVLA question. I sent my provisional licence via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For 9 days ago to claim a test pass (certificate was in the envelope as well). I was told it should arrive at the DVLA the next day ("we aim to deliver the next working day'). Is 9 or 10 days too early to consider it lost? I had been reading that you have to wait 15 days before you can report it as lost, but should I cancel the cheque and resend? Or just wait the full 15 days? I'm aware losing the test pass certificate probably doesn't matter since my pass must be recorded but is this a problem?

Anyone that's had this happen to them let me know...

Also anyone had any experience with Arnold Clark? Heard rumours they don't service properly... And a whole list of other general crap.

Royal Mail/DVLA question. I sent my provisional licence via Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For 9 days ago to claim a test pass (certificate was in the envelope as well). I was told it should arrive at the DVLA the next day ("we aim to deliver the next working day'). Is 9 or 10 days too early to consider it lost? I had been reading that you have to wait 15 days before you can report it as lost, but should I cancel the cheque and resend? Or just wait the full 15 days? I'm aware losing the test pass certificate probably doesn't matter since my pass must be recorded but is this a problem?

Anyone that's had this happen to them let me know...

Also anyone had any experience with Arnold Clark? Heard rumours they don't service properly... And a whole list of other general crap.

if it was signed for would you have a tracking number or something when you sent the item? If so you should be able to ascertain whether it has reached its destination from the extra service you paid for.

Arnold Shark! - what you intending to use them for? buying a car, general repairs and maintenance on your current vehicle? warranty work? 

Before I consult the with the crap IT team, does anyone know why copies of sent emails are saved with "none" in the date/time sent?

I have rules set up, and sometimes the date isn't included which is unfortunate as it's quite important for my role.  The rules are all set up for certain keywords in the subject heading, with copies sent to corresponding folders.  If I can't get the date stamp to show up, I'll have to go back to filing them at the end of each day, instead of manually, and that's a waste of time.

Using Outlook 2010 and exchange.

It's not a viewing problem.  n the filed copy of the sent email, instead of say SENT: Tues 16/06/15 16:15 it just shows SENT: none.

It doesn't always happen, it seems to be pretty random - one email convo had 4/5 of the emails dated and one just saying "none".  I don't have any issues with emails getting stuck in the outbox or anything, it just seems the date/time stamp doesn't copy properly?

Because everyone hates you.

xx

Well I went in to the pub tonight and asked about Flash. I learned that he is currently preoccupied with the renovations and changes including one MASSIVE change. It's not been officially announced and I don't think he/she was supposed to tell me behind the bar. It's going to be very controversial with the regulars. Since Flash is still active on this forum and out of respect as to not ruin the surprise I will not reveal the change. I look forward to the massive debate on this forum.

I will give you a clue though: It's not changed in the 50 years The Moorings have been open. 

Edited by Improved Thinker