aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Some dick-straddler at my work has password protected an shared Excel file and forgotten the fucking password. Not just edit protected, you can't even open the fucker. Anyone know a way to bypass it?

Try this:

Press ALT +  F11 or click on View Code in Developers Tabs

In the visual basic Enter the below Code. Do not change the code just copy paste:

Sub PasswordBreaker()

'Breaks worksheet password protection.

Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer

Dim l As Integer, m As Integer, n As Integer

Dim i1 As Integer, i2 As Integer, i3 As Integer

Dim i4 As Integer, i5 As Integer, i6 As Integer

On Error Resume Next

For i = 65 To 66: For j = 65 To 66: For k = 65 To 66

For l = 65 To 66: For m = 65 To 66: For i1 = 65 To 66

For i2 = 65 To 66: For i3 = 65 To 66: For i4 = 65 To 66

For i5 = 65 To 66: For i6 = 65 To 66: For n = 32 To 126

ActiveSheet.Unprotect Chr(i) & Chr(j) & Chr(k) & _

Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & Chr(i3) & _

Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)

If ActiveSheet.ProtectContents = False Then

MsgBox "One usable password is " & Chr(i) & Chr(j) & _

Chr(k) & Chr(l) & Chr(m) & Chr(i1) & Chr(i2) & _

Chr(i3) & Chr(i4) & Chr(i5) & Chr(i6) & Chr(n)

Exit Sub

End If

Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next

Next: Next: Next: Next: Next: Next

End Sub

Now Click on the Run Button or press F5

from http://community.spiceworks.com/topic/328118-need-to-unlock-a-password-protected-excel-2010-workbook seems to have worked for a few people.

That's a guitar dehumidifier is it not? A guitar humidifier exudes water vapour into the atmosphere making everyone moist.

yeh it is cheers just needed to know what it does is it useful? I've got a planet waves one but I might be fancy and buy a temperature controlled one as the temperature in my house is more rapid than Taylor swifts blokes

yeh it is cheers just needed to know what it does is it useful? I've got a planet waves one but I might be fancy and buy a temperature controlled one as the temperature in my house is more rapid than Taylor swifts blokes

I think a humidifier might be useful if you live in California and are keeping a collection of old guitars.  You can keep the humitidy at a level to prevent the wood in your guitars from drying out to such an extent that splits a cracks form.  Here in the North East of Scotland you can achieve the same effect by opening a window.  Most North East homes would be more likely to suffer from excess humidity due to our damp climate and poor venting.

• Upvote 1

Its meant to be good for cleaning tarnished silver, if you boil it and put in some aluminium foil. What is it? Is it dangerous?

Google suggests it's commonly used as a water softener, cleaning product and food additive so I wouldn't imagine it's very dangerous.

Google suggests it's commonly used as a water softener, cleaning product and food additive so I wouldn't imagine it's very dangerous.

Interesting... I'll investigate. The pharmacist gave me a sulphur-based dandruff treatment that I have to use twice a week. As well as making my hair smell like seaweed and rotten eggs, it also reacted with my silver necklace and turned it black. Chemicals eh? Great bunch of lads.