aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

Burns Mini Tri-Sonics

So two of these pups. How are you fixed for switches, tone and volume pots - ie what's the layout, eg one switch, one vol, two tones??

You don't want parallel switching, what are your objectives function wise?

If you are going to try some series switching or layout, wiring both grounds of each to the pot base is unlikely to be an option.

So two of these pups. How are you fixed for switches, tone and volume pots - ie what's the layout, eg one switch, one vol, two tones??

You don't want parallel switching, what are your objectives function wise?

If you are going to try some series switching or layout, wiring both grounds of each to the pot base is unlikely to be an option.

Sorry, said the wrong thing in my first comment. The wiring diagrams I'd found all had phase and on/off switches, like Brian May.

The guitar is HSS and just has a 5-way switch, single tone and single volume. So I just want to keep it simple, no extra switches or anything. Just replace the existing single coils with these in the same setup, I just thought I'd check where the extra ground wires should go.

Sorry, said the wrong thing in my first comment. The wiring diagrams I'd found all had phase and on/off switches, like Brian May.

The guitar is HSS and just has a 5-way switch, single tone and single volume. So I just want to keep it simple, no extra switches or anything. Just replace the existing single coils with these in the same setup, I just thought I'd check where the extra ground wires should go.

Yep, presuming conventional switching, you're good to solder the screen to ground (the vol pot case) and the "ref" or "cold" or "gnd" (what ever your diagram labels it) line to the pot case as well.

Easier done with low melting point solder and a good high power iron. If I'm stating the fucking obvious, apols, but I tend to use newspaper with a hole torn in it to protect the guitar finish from possible solder spatter of splash.

Hope it all goes well.

Anyone had any dealing ordering online from zavvi?

I ordered something yesterday and got this email today:

"Due to unforeseen circumstances have been unable to send your order as

planned. Payment has been taken as your order is ready for dispatch, and

our team will complete your order as soon as we can. We are monitoring

the situation and will be in touch in the next few days with a further

update.

We understand that this may be frustrating, please accept our apologies.

As a gesture of goodwill for any inconvenience we would like to provide

you with a 10% discount code for use on your

next order."

I checked again now and it still says the item is in stock. Don't understand these unforseen circumstances. Am I getting my item or not? And surely if I'm not then I'd be entitled to a full refund not just 10% off my next purchase?

I haven't been able to use Netflix on Xbox for ages either. It worked for a month or two, and then stopped. It just sticks on the red screen now, and never loads.

Yeah - I got it working. Took a few different attempts and different DNS settings but it's ALLLIIIIIVVVEEEEE.

Awesome sauce.

xx

Most youtube videos with DNS settings always have the "new working dec 13" or whatever in the title because you do need to change them every so often.

I've been using the same ones since the spring with no problems, they are on a wee but of a go-slow this last week but I've just changed my broadband provider (and also changed my xbox from wired to wireless) so that may be part of it.

i think you can get lucky, and equally unlucky. sometimes.

How does light travel through space if it's a vacuum?

Naturally, light can travel through vacuum because it consists of no charge. As a result, light does not need any vacuum to move from one place to the next as other moving materials do. This theory was discovered by the legendary physicist, Albert Einstein.

• Upvote 1

Naturally, light can travel through vacuum because it consists of no charge. As a result, light does not need any vacuum to move from one place to the next as other moving materials do. This theory was discovered by the legendary physicist, Albert Einstein.

Light/electromagnetic radiation in general can travel through a vacuum because it is produced by energy from electric/magnetic fields so it doesn't require any physical medium like an atmosphere or a steak in the same way that sound does.

Cheers. So is the heat generated by the sun radiation then? 

As I type this I know how stupid it sounds, but, aye.