aberdeen-music

Quick Questions

Frosty Jack

I found o2 down south just as bad really. As soon as you get away from a city, 3G is spotty as fuck.

The city is where its worst for me. I live and work in the centre of town, and it's pretty awful at peak times for me. I've had replacement handsets, SIM cards and had the o2 GURU have a butchers at it in the shop, and they just shrug and say "A mast must be down". Aye right. A mast is down, every day, between about 9:30am and 6:00pm.

Seemed to be as soon as I got into England on the train, my 3G was on fire. Even in the abyss that is Dewsbury. 

looking at a car and the add lists this under bad points. just wondering how bad they are? no its not a zr. i like that the seller was honest though and put them up most sellers wont mention faults unless you ask and even then they are like "she works like a treat"

but i sense these are problems i should avoid...?

- Engine chapping when cold. When I start the car after it has sat all night, it has started to chap. Once you are driving and it has warmed up though - it stops. It is fine the whole day (starting and stopping) but will do it again the next day when it's sat all night. I planned on getting this looked at and fixed but have decided to just sell as it is due to needing a more practical car ASAP.

- The dash sometimes goes off. This has happened since the previous owner owned the car but has never bothered me enough to get fixed. I find if you hit a big pot hole, it will go off but come back on if you tap the screen.

- The bulb recently went in the Clock display so needs replaced

looking at a car and the add lists this under bad points. just wondering how bad they are? no its not a zr. i like that the seller was honest though and put them up most sellers wont mention faults unless you ask and even then they are like "she works like a treat"

but i sense these are problems i should avoid...?

- Engine chapping when cold. When I start the car after it has sat all night, it has started to chap. Once you are driving and it has warmed up though - it stops. It is fine the whole day (starting and stopping) but will do it again the next day when it's sat all night. I planned on getting this looked at and fixed but have decided to just sell as it is due to needing a more practical car ASAP.

- The dash sometimes goes off. This has happened since the previous owner owned the car but has never bothered me enough to get fixed. I find if you hit a big pot hole, it will go off but come back on if you tap the screen.

- The bulb recently went in the Clock display so needs replaced

Sounds like a potential good buy for someone who's good at fixing cars/knows someone who is.

You won't feel so cheerful about the seller being an Honest John when your car doesn't start when the motor craps out at the end of the street one cold morning.  They're just covering their arse anyway.

Since everyone seems to have lots of opinions on guitar modding today: Where do people recommend buying guitar parts? 

Specifically looking for Strat pickup mounting rings like for a rear routed guitar, and pickup height screws and springs. I'd rather be able to order the all at once rather than piecing together different ebay orders.

Since everyone seems to have lots of opinions on guitar modding today: Where do people recommend buying guitar parts? 

Specifically looking for Strat pickup mounting rings like for a rear routed guitar, and pickup height screws and springs. I'd rather be able to order the all at once rather than piecing together different ebay orders.

http://www.allparts.uk.com/

• Upvote 1

http://www.axesrus.com - the free postage is great for buying little bits n bobs.

Edited by neepheid

I'd already had a look on allparts, but looks like axesrus have what I need in stock. Cheers guys.

Second modding question: The pickups I'm putting in have 2 ground wires each, one from the actual pickup and one from the metal outer casing. Would it be fine to solder them both to the back of the volume pot? The only info I can find for these pickups is for wiring them up for parallel switching which I'm not interested in.

I'd already had a look on allparts, but looks like axesrus have what I need in stock. Cheers guys.

Second modding question: The pickups I'm putting in have 2 ground wires each, one from the actual pickup and one from the metal outer casing. Would it be fine to solder them both to the back of the volume pot? The only info I can find for these pickups is for wiring them up for parallel switching which I'm not interested in.

What kind of pick ups are these?