aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
I would be pretty happy to see the three imminently out of contract Motherwell players go to Pittodrie, too. Blackman looks pretty nifty every time I see him; seems to know how to find the back of the net, and is an impressive physical presence.

He and Vernon up top could be quite useful, if used correctly.

Hopefully it'll force Chris Maguire to seriously take up those forthcoming transfer offers from Celtic and Rangers for 1m.

Although Blackman is a decent player, I don't really see why we need another striker. Where does this leave Magennis? It renders Velicka a bit more pointless too! I hope Broony keeps Maguire playing through the middle and doesn't put him at right-midfield. Obviously with Mackie and Folly out it leaves us a bit short in that position, but Pawlett is fit again, no?

Will Milsom be playing mostly in centre-midfield, or do you think he may be adopted at LB? Personally I think Considine is doing an ok job at LB, and Ryan Jack is possibly not ready for weekly games, so I suppose he will be mostly playing centre-mid?

Its exciting getting new players all the same. I'm excited.

Will there be any more signings? I'm thinking not, but I think the squad is ample now. Top-6. 'Mon the Dons.

McNamee can play at left or right back, I honestly prefer Vujidinovic at left back and Considine in the centre, but either really works.

I too hope that Magurie continues through the middle, I think Blackman will largely be used as an option from the bench, but it gives Broon some decent depth to play with. It think Hartley and Milsom will be played in central midfield with Pawlett, Aluko, Maguire possibly (if Blackman goes up top with Vernon), Jack and Young filling in the wide positions. Jack and Young can obviously both play centre mid too, to cover injuries/suspensions.

Broon doesn't like Velicka, I imagine it's unlikely that he will play for Aberdeen again. He also 'can't' train on artificial surfaces because of his knee injury, so that perhaps rules him out of a chunk of games in the next couple of months dependent on the weather.

Some doubt. Cahill's going to struggle to do that given that he won't be playing what with the whole being in Qatar on international duty for the Asia Cup thing.

A lot of doubt, actually.

Can Phil Stamp be added to the list? He was phenomenal.

I forgot about the Asia Cup. And also forget the Oz play in that. Everton will lose then.

Fergie Jnr is back with the London Road scum of Peterboro I see, must have been forgiven for the out of hours service he was giving some bint behind his mrs back (allegedly it was the reason he left in the first place).

It's the FA Trophy this week, funny you never hear the phrase 'the magic of the FA Trophy') which is unsurprising considoring it's pretty tin pot and I fear Cambridge United will be embarrassed by that football giant Alfreton Town (somewhere oop north, doing well in the Blue Square North). Got cup upset written all over it. Martin Ling has given himself some breathing space with a couple of away wins against part time pish sides.

Also if anyone has a spare couple of quid, Cambridge United is officially up for sale!

Also if anyone has a spare couple of quid, Cambridge United is officially up for sale!

Away you go Del, a letter to the chairman offering a packet of Love Hearts and a signed photo of Dion Dublin should be enough, and you can set the tinpot football world to rights!

I'll fire a tenner of my hard-earned JSA in the transfer kitty and Ali Dia can be your first signing.

It'll be the start of a beautiful relationship. :love:

I doubt Blackman will make the game tomorrow, which should mean Maguire and Vernon through the middle again.

I imagine it'll be...

Langfield

McNamee - McArdle - Diamond - Considine

Pawlett - Hartley - Milsom - Aluko

Vernon - Maguire

Maybe Jack in for Pawlett depending on match fitness (or a lack of). It's quite exciting to be a Dons fan again.

I doubt Blackman will make the game tomorrow, which should mean Maguire and Vernon through the middle again.

I imagine it'll be...

Langfield

McNamee - McArdle - Diamond - Considine

Pawlett - Hartley - Milsom - Aluko

Vernon - Maguire

Maybe Jack in for Pawlett depending on match fitness (or a lack of). It's quite exciting to be a Dons fan again.

I think Hartley is suspended.

Langfield

McNamee Diamond McArdle Considine

Young Jack Milsom Aluko

Vernon Maguire

Away you go Del, a letter to the chairman offering a packet of Love Hearts and a signed photo of Dion Dublin should be enough, and you can set the tinpot football world to rights!

I'll fire a tenner of my hard-earned JSA in the transfer kitty and Ali Dia can be your first signing.

It'll be the start of a beautiful relationship. :love:

I've got a signed photo of ex-Aberdeen goalie Michael Watt somewhere. I'll chip that in.