aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
The amount of managers getting sacked is getting stupid now.

With the exception of a small handful, I think most managers merit the sacking - they need to learn to do their job properly.

Too many managers are absolute bluffers.

Football management is piss easy to get into by the way some of these incompetent fools get jobs. If your name rings a bell from your footballing days, you're in with a shout.

Do a few basic drills during the week, wait 4 months, and dependent on results, look for a new job. There will always be one club that thinks you can turn their fortunes around, even with a poor record.

Football management is piss easy to get into by the way some of these incompetent fools get jobs. If your name rings a bell from your footballing days, you're in with a shout.

Do a few basic drills during the week, wait 4 months, and dependent on results, look for a new job. There will always be one club that thinks you can turn their fortunes around, even with a poor record.

I want in.

I do honestly think with the right coaches around me I could do a semi-decent job at an actual football club, but then I'm sure this is why rubbish managers also continue to stick at it - a total confidence in their ability.

Dalglish is clearly not the messiah afterall. Does Torres even like football anymore? I think it's the hair. He's only ever good when he's got it bleached. He goes natural, and he's shit. The same applies for a bearded Xabi Alonso. Clean shaven and he's putting every long ball out for a throw in.

Kenny out! Collymore in!

Neil Lennon moaning about refereeing decisions again? Really? There's actually nobody more breathtakingly irritating involved in football than Lennon right now. Best thing Alan Shearer ever did was kick that prissy little cunt in the face.

I was watching last night's Hamilton - Celtic match in a public house and I could've sworn I saw a blatant passback around about the 70 minutes mark. The Hamilton defender was under pressure, he dinked the ball back to the keeper who then, also under pressure, caught the ball and then walloped it up the park. The Celtic players didn't seem to notice, the ref didn't notice, even the fans didn't notice or care. Very strange, does no-one care about the rules anymore?

Ace, I'd rep the fuck out of that if I was still able to.

Done on your behalf. Seems fair...

Santa Cruz is coming back to Blackburn on loan! He was brilliant for them during his last stint so an excellent signing. Hopefully he can stay fit this time around though. He claims he's been fully fit for months though, so here's hoping. He's a better signing than Beckham or Ronaldinho anyway. Apparently Adebayor has to stay at City now since Balliotelli is injured. There's talk of him going to Real Madrid though!! Why the fuc wopuld he go there if he wants first team football?!? He's never get a game! Someone like Juventus would suit him far better.

Anyone think the dons will hold on to Maguire? I really hope we can.

Amazed to see that some of the media still refer to Lolerplol losing any match as a shock. Some people still seem to think that they've been losing for reasons other than the players being shit.

I expect them to raise their game and beat Everton at the weekend though. Then all the fans can get excited about how King Kenny has turned it around. Then they'll lose their next match.

There'll still be plenty to enjoy over at red and white kop - the forum where Rafa is God.

Guest Gladstone

I wish Lennon would shut the fuck up. He's just received a 6 match ban, and we've just drawn with bottom of the league.

The Hamilton goal definitely shouldn't have counted, but we should be good enough to go and beat Hamilton regardless. I didn't see the game, so have no idea how well/badly Celtic or Hamilton played - I just saw the highlights, and it does look like the officials were shite, but so what - just get on with it.

I think the Hamilton goal shouldn't have counted, Forrest's red card was harsh, though it was a bit of a lunge, same with the Hamilton red card. Celtic's "winner" definitely shouldn't have counted and I didn't see the other penalty appeal.

But referees will get things wrong. Just accept that they're pish and get on with it. I learned a long time ago that the more grief you give a referee the less likely 50/50 decisions will go your way. Same goes for Lennon and his constant moaning - he's just going to get more and more touchline bans. His reaction in the Hearts game that he received a 2 match ban for was fucking ridiculous, regardless of the circumstances. Why Celtic thought it was a good idea to appeal against that 2 match ban I do not know.

I like Lennon's honesty when interviewed - when he first got the job he gave some very frank and honest interviews about the performances of the players etc. and I like it when managers aren't afraid to say what they think, but he's just taken it too far with moaning about referees.

Amazed to see that some of the media still refer to Lolerplol losing any match as a shock. Some people still seem to think that they've been losing for reasons other than the players being shit.

I expect them to raise their game and beat Everton at the weekend though. Then all the fans can get excited about how King Kenny has turned it around. Then they'll lose their next match.

There'll still be plenty to enjoy over at red and white kop - the forum where Rafa is God.

I think Everton will stuff them. They are picking up some form now, whereas Liverpool aren't. Gerrard is still suspended and they look awful at the back (and everywhere else). A brace of Cahill headers will seal the game. No doubt.

Guest Gladstone
Indeed......Strachan, Fyvie, Kiriakov....the list goes on.

Don't forget Calum Crighton and Neil Lennon (we didn't play for Aberdeen but were both incredible midfielders...)

I think Everton will stuff them. They are picking up some form now, whereas Liverpool aren't. Gerrard is still suspended and they look awful at the back (and everywhere else). A brace of Cahill headers will seal the game. No doubt.

I hope you're right, they are the better team. I can just see Liverpool pulling something out of the hat to get them excited.

I wish Lennon would shut the fuck up. He's just received a 6 match ban, and we've just drawn with bottom of the league.

A six match ban which may be increased on Monday. 8-)

To be fair, I don't think any of the red cards merited more than a yellow last night (unless the third was a second booking?). I only had an eye on it in the pub, wasn't there to watch it.

Guest Gladstone
A six match ban which may be increased on Monday. 8-)

To be fair, I don't think any of the red cards merited more than a yellow last night (unless the third was a second booking?). I only had an eye on it in the pub, wasn't there to watch it.

The third red card was for denying a goal-scoring opportunity. I didn't get a proper look at that. It was a definite penalty, but it looked as if two defenders cut him off in the box as he was bearing down on goal. It looked more like a clash than him being taken out.

Lennon's just being a paranoid fucker now though. If you look at the big decisions in that game, going by what I've seen / read it's probably something like this:

Hamilton goal - shouldn't have counted. Ref got it wrong - decision Hamilton's way

Forrest red card - shouldn't have been a red. Decision Hamilton's way

Hamilton red card - shouldn't have been red. Decision Celtic's way

Celtic penalty claim - (not sure - Lennon claims it was a penalty, but I'd rather make my own mind up!)

Celtic second penalty claim - should have been a penalty. Ref got it right - Celtic's favour

Hamilton second red card - debatable - Celtic's favour

Celtic second goal - shouldn't have counted. Ref got it right. Hamilton's favour.

People talk about decisions evening out over time - I'd say they evened out over the course of that game!!

Celtic didn't have one shot on goal until the 67th minute! That is what I'd be concerning myself with if I was Neil Lennon.

Some doubt. Cahill's going to struggle to do that given that he won't be playing what with the whole being in Qatar on international duty for the Asia Cup thing.

A lot of doubt, actually.

Can Phil Stamp be added to the list? He was phenomenal.

An interesting look at Rafa Benitez on Raymond Verheijen's Twitter (@raymondverheije). He's the Dutch doctor that Craig Bellamy has hired personally, to look after his fitness. Will quote here for those that can't access Twitter at work/at all/can't be arsed.

Feel sorry for people at Liverpool. Obviously, there are many reasons...but Rafa's injury crises over the last 6 years might be one of them.
During his first season at Liverpool FC coach Rafael Benitez -with his scientific approach- created a massive injury crisis in October 2004...
In Rafa's opinion these injuries were not the result of his training methods but because he inherited unfit players at Liverpool FC...
But how can 'unfit' players win Champions League Final vs Milan at the end of that same season by fighting back from 0-3 down in 2nd half?
Nevertheless, Rafa decided these 'unfit' players had to train longer & harder in the next pre-season: Anfield Road 2005 April 22
No surprise, another injury crisis in Oct 2005: Owen miss may return to haunt Liverpool / Sport / Home - Morning Star
So, in all of Benitez' 6 seasons at Liverpool FC his team has hit an injury crisis...and always around October. Coincidence or incompetence?
Just before he was sacked himself, in a desperate attempt, Benitez blamed the medical staff for all the injuries, so he sacked the doctor:
This season, while the new staff at Liverpool FC had their hands full repairing the damage done during these 6 consecutive injury crises...
So, as mentioned before, there are many reasons for Liverpool's problems but the medical staff will need time to repair the physical damage.