aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I don't really understand why a player would move from Sunderland to Villa right now. Doesn't make sense. Strange that Lerner is suddenly opening the purse strings now when he could have kept O'Neil if he'd been willing to spend this money in the summer.

Because relegation has become a real possibility and as if by magic there is money to burn. To be fair Bent has a very good scoring record at Premier League level but no way is worth that much.

Seems like there is a lot of disharmony in the Villa camp, first Richard Dunne has a barney with Hollier then Pires was moaning he wasnt playing week in week out but for crying out loud the man is 37 what does he expect?

Bad bad move letting Martin O Neill go methinks.

Villa will be fine.

They have a decent group of players, Makoun is a good signing and if they do indeed get Bent, it's a likely 10-15 goals in the second half of the season. Dunne and Collins looked solid against Birmingham, Kyle Walker looks pretty good (if a little lacking in concentration at times) and they have lots of pace up front, with the ability to mix things up with John 'big lad' Carew and Emile 'the tank' Heskey.

Also, if they can somehow get Stephen Ireland fit and focussed it will be a big help.

They just need to give Houllier a reasonable amount of time to get things sorted out. He's a good manager.

Guest Gladstone
Interesting quote in the BBC article:

:puke:

Horrendous.

We are not England and never will be.

Scottish football will never improve if our only goal is to be a mini-England.

Don't they realise that the arse will fall out of the Premiership at some point. It might be a good few years away, but I'm sure it will happen.

Fucking dicks.

Hmm, so what was the vote? Who sold out after all the shite they were speaking last week?

No vote yet, that was scrapped after it looked like they wouldn't win it. Instead today's meeting was designed to get a consensus that they could vote on in two month's time. It was thought that the 14 team league idea had become most likely again but it looks like Sky, the old firm, Aberdeen and Neil Doncaster have got their way after all. Shameful.

No vote yet, that was scrapped after it looked like they wouldn't win it. Instead today's meeting was designed to get a consensus that they could vote on in two month's time. It was thought that the 14 team league idea had become most likely again but it looks like Sky, the old firm, Aberdeen and Neil Doncaster have got their way after all. Shameful.

Still wondering who has backed down, you had all these heroes last week saying "Oh, no way are we voting for this" and the like.

Guest idol_wild
it's 18 million initial with 6 million in extra clauses and stuff. Ridiculous amount for a DBent.

There are strikers in the EPL who have cost more than that, and have scored less goals in the past season and a half than Darren Bent. He's scored 30-odd goals in the his last 60 games in the EPL. That is fucking outstanding by anyone's standards.

I rate Darren Bent really highly, and I'm disappointed that he wants to fuck up his career by going to Villa and Houllier. Total step down - going from a club genuinely pushing for Europe, with a bright manager at the helm, to a club struggling to find cohesion and form, genuinely entangled in a relegation scrap, with an extremely average manager in charge (in my opinion).

Very strange one indeed.

I rate Darren Bent really highly, and I'm disappointed that he wants to fuck up his career by going to Villa and Houllier. Total step down - going from a club genuinely pushing for Europe, with a bright manager at the helm, to a club struggling to find cohesion and form, genuinely entangled in a relegation scrap, with an extremely average manager in charge (in my opinion).

Very strange one indeed.

78364696.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=9E7D312EDC8D63D081F5D052F021E8DDA6199D5A7673D2AEEA919D62B2C337D7

There are strikers in the EPL who have cost more than that, and have scored less goals in the past season and a half than Darren Bent. He's scored 30-odd goals in the his last 60 games in the EPL. That is fucking outstanding by anyone's standards.

Very strange one indeed.

You're right, obviously. I'm letting my rabid anti-Sunderland bias get in the way of reality again. That's what happens to a fella when you're a Middlesbrough fan with a soft spot for Newcastle due to extreme proximity to the city for 18 years.

Guest idol_wild
You're right, obviously. I'm letting my rabid anti-Sunderland bias get in the way of reality again. That's what happens to a fella when you're a Middlesbrough fan with a soft spot for Newcastle due to extreme proximity to the city for 18 years.

Fuck, yeah. I sometimes forget we have a couple of 'Boro fans in our midst.

Point taken.

I largely dislike all the north east clubs, with slight sympathies towards those mackem tinks, due to being a fan of Steve Bruce and one or two of their players (Henderson, Reid, Ferdinand).

When Bruce is off, I'll hate them with as much passion again. :up:

According to Sky Sports, Inverness Caley were the lone objectee. Glad to hear our board listen to the fans.

Sky Sports | Football | Scottish Premier | News | Doncaster - Fans will embrace plans

...and I'm guessing the Steven Thompson NOTW rumour (google it) had something to do with his sudden change of heart. It's been a bad week for the Arabs with Goodwillie being charged :rolleyes: