aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest idol_wild
Can't be arsed trawling, but I'll bet at least some of you sheepies have had a pop at Craigy Broon's negative defensive pish (etc) from his national manager days. ;)

Whilst I don't consider myself an Aberdeen "fan" or "supporter" these days, I don't think many Aberdeen fans will grumble about this.

I have my problems with a lot of the Aberdeen support, but I think, on the whole, that they're intelligent enough to understand that Craig Brown is a really good appointment, regardless of his preferred ethos. Anyone who understands football will understand Craig Brown's tenure as Scotland coach and why his style of football was favoured.

The only one grumble has been someone pointing out that he didn't win the league with Preston.

I see that Motherwell are examining what (if any) rights of recourse they have against Aberdeen, claiming they have breached SPL rules.

To be honest, if they were that concerned about keeping him, they would have just tied Craigy down to a contract (and we'd have still taken him from them anyway). As far as I'm aware Aberdeen have breached no SPL rule by speaking to a manager who is out of contract.

Guest idol_wild

Craig Brown and Archie Knox is a sound appointment.

I would be pretty happy to see the three imminently out of contract Motherwell players go to Pittodrie, too. Blackman looks pretty nifty every time I see him; seems to know how to find the back of the net, and is an impressive physical presence. Gow, we all know about, and would have liked to have seen him at Pittodrie when he was available in the summer, and Fitzpatrick seems to be gathering a growing reputation. They're all better than Aberdeen currently have in those respective positions, I'd venture to suggest, and they seem to have enjoyed working with Brown and Knox.

Brown has obviously been promised some level of resources to bring in new players and coaches, so it'll be interesting to see who he recruits.

As a fan of organised and strategic football, focusing on individual strengths; I'm all for Craig Brown at Aberdeen.

I fucking hate our fans sometimes.

Aberdeen Appoints Craig Brown - Aberdeen FC - Aberdeen-Mad

That's supposed to be one of the more positive fans sites...

Brown has no long-term future at AFC, will not be poached by a bigger club even if he does well, and will not win us the league, and therefore in those terms AFC have nothing to gain from it at all.

I guess it's UTTER SHITE like this where people get the idea from that Dons fans are deluded. That is one of the stupidest articles I've ever read on the subject of football.

I fucking hate our fans sometimes.

Aberdeen Appoints Craig Brown - Aberdeen FC - Aberdeen-Mad

That's supposed to be one of the more positive fans sites...

Good lord. I liked the bit at the end where it states they will always back any Dons manager...just after they pick him apart and a long list of why they feel it is a shit appointment.

I think Craig Brown is an excellent appointment. His enthusiasm for the game is exceptional and he sets his teams out to play to their strengths rather than setting out a formation and fitting the players into it. He played with a defensive lineup with Scotland and looked at hitting on the counter attack as this was where the strengths were with the players at his disposal.

It's certainly a big job on his hands but I reckon an old fashioned manager who will go back to basics with the team is what we need at this time.