aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone
Rooney and Van Persie will never score a goal ever again. I hate when it great players go shit. Big fan of Van Persie, but he looks fucked.

Rooney's penalty was amazing.

He had a decent effort off the bar last week and his chip last night was just a bit low - if either of those had gone in, he'd probably start scoring for fun again. He just needs one belter. He wasn't very good last night though to be fair. Berbatov should have played. Man Utd won't be complaining though - a win and back to the top of the table.

The game was nowhere near as good as it should have been. And there should have been more fighting in the first half. It very nearly boiled over when Fletcher lost the rag a couple of times. Now and again, I just want to see an all out 11 on 11 brawl, with Ferguson and Wenger going toe to toe on the sidelines.

Guest Gladstone
That was one of the funniest things I've seen for a while. Awesome. I especially liked his hop to the left just before starting his run up.

It was a bit like a confident Jar-Jar Binks running up and smashing a penalty.

Rooney's penalty was amazing.

He had a decent effort off the bar last week and his chip last night was just a bit low - if either of those had gone in, he'd probably start scoring for fun again. He just needs one belter. He wasn't very good last night though to be fair. Berbatov should have played. Man Utd won't be complaining though - a win and back to the top of the table.

The game was nowhere near as good as it should have been. And there should have been more fighting in the first half. It very nearly boiled over when Fletcher lost the rag a couple of times. Now and again, I just want to see an all out 11 on 11 brawl, with Ferguson and Wenger going toe to toe on the sidelines.

I think what Rooney offered defensively was good, he was always pressing so it made Arsenal rush from the back and gave them no chance to settle. I don't think Berbatov would have offered anything like that. Rooney's strength was well utilized at times. There was that one part where a ball was hoofed forward and Rooney single handedly held of Squillaci and whatshisface all on his own. That was just ridiculous. He held up the ball very well, and whilst not many clear chances were created from it, it gave United alot of the ball and made them look the better side.

Guff penalty, but I like the run up. I've seen a few players do it, and it seems to unnerve the keeper a bit. He just didn't connect well, which was strange. Hasn't he only missed 1 penalty in his career? Now 2, obviously.

Guest Gladstone

He's maybe missed 4 of his 9 Premier League penalties but scored all 348 of his penalties in all other competitions.

Aye - to be fair to Rooney he led the line well last night, and the tactics were spot on because it really should have finished 2-0 Man Utd.

That one where he held off both defenders was like watching Nefarious C.

Song is a beast.

(By the way)

Guff penalty, but I like the run up. I've seen a few players do it, and it seems to unnerve the keeper a bit. He just didn't connect well, which was strange. Hasn't he only missed 1 penalty in his career? Now 2, obviously.

I came on to post how much I hate his run up! I don't get all these tricks like staggering your run up or the like to put the goalie off. Pick your spot, head over the ball and put it in the net...job done. I'm old school though, I like players who go blood and guts on the pitch and celebrate a win with a bottle of milk.

I don't like staggered run ups. They are stupid. You lose the power you get from the run up, making the run up pointless. I like the one that the guy from Burnley did where he just ran straight at the ball. No angle. No idea which foot he's gonna use or where its going.

Then again, if I took pens, it'd be down the middle everytime, 6ft in the air, twatted as hard as I can, so even if he stayed in the middle, it would hit hit him right in the mouth, put him on his arse and trickle into the goal.

I once took a penalty against Mark Beeney at Elland Road when I was young. I had to pay 3 for the pleasure. What a rip. I ran up as if I was a left footer, but just kicked it in a straight line to my run up with my right foot into the left hand corner. Big Beans just stood still on the spot, and I won a Coca Cola keyring. Outfoxed! Beans was shit. Lucas Radebe would have saved it.

I don't like staggered run ups. They are stupid. You lose the power you get from the run up, making the run up pointless. I like the one that the guy from Burnley did where he just ran straight at the ball. No angle. No idea which foot he's gonna use or where its going.

Then again, if I took pens, it'd be down the middle everytime, 6ft in the air, twatted as hard as I can, so even if he stayed in the middle, it would hit hit him right in the mouth, put him on his arse and trickle into the goal.

How to take a penalty:

I take the exact same number of steps back, at a 45 degree angle... tap my left toe on the ground behind me as I start my run up, looking to hit it in the keepers right corner... then open my stance as I reach the ball putting it in the keepers left. 3 scored from 3 for Drummonds Thistle so far, so I'll be sticking to this routine for the next few pens at least! *

*unless Christy nabs back penalty duties

An SFA coach once told me that when passing/taking a pen/free kick your planted foot will automatically point towards the direction you will kick the ball therefore to put a goalie off you should force your planted foot to point in the opposite direction. It does actually work coz your body shape changes although it's not as natural and so harder to be precise.

Guest Gladstone
An SFA coach once told me that when passing/taking a pen/free kick your planted foot will automatically point towards the direction you will kick the ball therefore to put a goalie off you should force your planted foot to point in the opposite direction. It does actually work coz your body shape changes although it's not as natural and so harder to be precise.

Point the fucker backwards, that will mess with their minds.

Who was the guy who played in the Championship a couple of years ago (maybe at present as well) who turned his back to the goal doing warmups before penalties? He'd wait till the ref blew his whistle before turning round for his run up.

He's the exception to the rule, everyone else should just get the job done.