aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I take the exact same number of steps back, at a 45 degree angle... tap my left toe on the ground behind me as I start my run up, looking to hit it in the keepers right corner... then open my stance as I reach the ball putting it in the keepers left. 3 scored from 3 for Drummonds Thistle so far, so I'll be sticking to this routine for the next few pens at least! *

*unless Christy nabs back penalty duties

I hope to be playing against you in goal in the near future...

Blackburns new owners sound mental. A few months ago they said "we're not looking to be the biggest club in England, we just want to consolidate our position". Then they sack Allardyce because "we want to be in the top 5, or even higher". Then if the runours are to be believed, they think that Mara fucking dona is the person to take them there. Have they watched football before?

Blackburns new owners sound mental. A few months ago they said "we're not looking to be the biggest club in England, we just want to consolidate our position". Then they sack Allardyce because "we want to be in the top 5, or even higher". Then if the runours are to be believed, they think that Mara fucking dona is the person to take them there. Have they watched football before?

You missed out the part where they claimed to want a British manager. Can they not differentiate between nationalities? Sam allardyce was British. Maradonna is from Argentina.

Chicken fuckers.

Happy enough with a point last night against the Pars. Sounds like we tried to go out and win the game aswell, which never usually happens at EEP....

PS: I was actaully at Griffin Park while that was going on, I snuck away from the Lahndahn cardrooms for a toilet league style football fix. Really good set-up down there, the Brentford fans are as funny as fuck, and they now go top of my 'All Time Top Footy Ground Bovril league table'. Shame the game was utter horse.

PPS: Christian Dailly was skipper for Charlton last night, oh how far the fall from grace! (He actually played alright, to be fair....)

I'm surprised they didn't blame the red card on Aberdeen in some way.

I can't see a Scottish football match-fixing/betting scandal, but that dosen't seem entirely legit.

Heard the news saying it was some bets made in Liverpool that looked dodgy and the player involved came from Tranmere Rovers. So could be something in it.

Guest idol_wild
Heard the news saying it was some bets made in Liverpool that looked dodgy and the player involved came from Tranmere Rovers. So could be something in it.

In that case, we'll see Jennings banned from football soon, probably. Just a little bit too coincidental.

That said, the punters could just be savvy to the incompetencies of the referees and literally took a gamble. :up:

The 2nd part of the McLeish review has been published:

BBC Sport - Henry McLeish review backs SPL plan for 10-team leagues

According to the BBC it recommends a two tier SPL with 10 teams each. Bollocks to that. I had high hopes that this report would see a return of common sense to Scottish football but it appears not. Playing each other 4 times a season (or more if you get SPL teams in the cup) is one of the fundamental flaws in our game, it needs to go. Fuck the old firm and fuck sky/espn. It's doing more long term harm than good.

A 10 team league is a step backwards, not forwards.

The rest of the recommendations, merging the SPL and SFL and smashing up the SFA committee structures are fine.