aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Stand Freds article is certainly not representative of the majority of fans. He wrote an article slagging Brown when he KBd us, before the change of heart, and I guess he feels too muleheaded to backtrack.

Its also very poorly written, which is unlike Fred. Makes me think he might have had a wee snifter or two before putting virtual pen to paper.

Stand Freds article is certainly not representative of the majority of fans. He wrote an article slagging Brown when he KBd us, before the change of heart, and I guess he feels too muleheaded to backtrack.

Its also very poorly written, which is unlike Fred. Makes me think he might have had a wee snifter or two before putting virtual pen to paper.

Yeah I agree it's not to his usual standard, but it's also sadly representative to how that particular site has degraded over the last year or so.

He claims to run it as a positive site, differentiating itself from donstalk etc. and with none of the bitterness, infighting and squabling other sites feature. But over the last year or two AFC Mad has had more petty insults and depressing bickering than any other site. Maybe it's just a sign of how the fans felt in general under McGhee but it's also made me very reluctant to post on that board any more.

I'm fairly happy with the appointment of Brown. Solid manager who should steady the ship.

My only gripe (it's a small one) is that I'd be happier with a manager who would have better long term prospects. If it's a harsh winter, Brown might struggle to make it to the transfer window.

A lot of people seem to making an issue of his age. The fact is, every manager since SAF has been sacked. The lifespan (in fitba terms) of a manager is pretty short, and Brown has a good few years left in him.

I would far sooner make an appointment like this, knowing that we might need to reevaluate in two years from what will hopefully be a position of relative strength, rather than being forced to reevaluate in fifteen months when the lure of fucken Macclesfield or some such garbage proves too much for Phil Brown and he leaves us in the lurch.

Woah long sentence, soz.

Guest idol_wild

Aberdeen need full-backs in January. Well, they need them now, but you know what I mean.

Aberdeen were always going to get beat today, and they don't have an easy forthcoming fixture list, so results won't improve for a couple of weeks yet. I don't believe Brown and Knox can do a great deal with what's already there, but the key will be who he brings in in January and in the summer next year.

I think if Brown gets Aberdeen challenging for top six qualification by the time his contract is up, he'll have done a good job.

Personally I think our squad isn't that bad, the likes of Langfield, Hartley, Aluko, McArdle and a few others would probably get a game for most SPL teams, McGhee just didn't seem to be able to get them playing. I think we'll stay up OK but if we don't get a few points on the board quick sharp, it'll be squeaky bum time.

Personally I think our squad isn't that bad, the likes of Langfield, Hartley, Aluko, McArdle and a few others would probably get a game for most SPL teams, McGhee just didn't seem to be able to get them playing. I think we'll stay up OK but if we don't get a few points on the board quick sharp, it'll be squeaky bum time.

Langfield has been fucking awful this season. Easily the worst keeper I've seen play, although I do actually rate Howard. But I agree, the rest of our squad is actually alright, I think we have much more attacking options than in previous years, but we desperately need a couple of full backs.

Guest idol_wild
Aberdeen set for relegation? Check

SPL to change rules to ensure they stay up? Check

BBC Sport - Football - SPL to consider radical shake-up

;)

I just started a massive rant about this and how Aberdeen will avoid the drop via a technicality. Because Aberdeen are fucking flukey.

I'm still a bit surprised that some people on here genuinely feel that Aberdeen's squad "isn't actually all that bad". It is fucking terrible. The worst in the SPL and definitely worthy of relegation. There are some seriously bad players in the Aberdeen team, who are just not equipped to play football at the level they find themselves. In that, I include Zander Diamond, Chris Maguire, Jerel Ifil, Andrew Considine, and, well, the entire arsenal of front players the club has. Not much can be done with these players - the problems are not mental or attitude related. It's about ability; these guys just aren't good enough for the SPL and I don't even see this as an opinion - it's a fact. The club are deservedly bottom of the league, and frankly, they are a laughing stock of Scottish football right now.

I will be surprised if Mark McGhee ever gets another managerial job, because if anyone looks at what he did and who he signed at Aberdeen, they will realise that he's just not a football man. There isn't even a senior full-back at the club. Yet they need at least two. Whattheactualfuckdotcom? He's left a legacy that will probably see the club relegated.