aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I just started a massive rant about this and how Aberdeen will avoid the drop via a technicality. Because Aberdeen are fucking flukey.

I'm still a bit surprised that some people on here genuinely feel that Aberdeen's squad "isn't actually all that bad". It is fucking terrible. The worst in the SPL and definitely worthy of relegation. There are some seriously bad players in the Aberdeen team, who are just not equipped to play football at the level they find themselves. In that, I include Zander Diamond, Chris Maguire, Jerel Ifil, Andrew Considine, and, well, the entire arsenal of front players the club has. Not much can be done with these players - the problems are not mental or attitude related. It's about ability; these guys just aren't good enough for the SPL and I don't even see this as an opinion - it's a fact. The club are deservedly bottom of the league, and frankly, they are a laughing stock of Scottish football right now.

I will be surprised if Mark McGhee ever gets another managerial job, because if anyone looks at what he did and who he signed at Aberdeen, they will realise that he's just not a football man. There isn't even a senior full-back at the club. Yet they need at least two. Whattheactualfuckdotcom? He's left a legacy that will probably see the club relegated.

Ifil and Diamond are extremely frustrating as they seem to have one very good game, followed immediately by 3 awful ones. Considine is consistently mediocre, and so yeah, like most people have been saying, we need at least two solid defenders.

If you have watched the games this year (no idea whether you have or not) then I don't understand what your beef with Maguire is. He's really come on this year, and has been, IMHO, one of our players of the season, if not the player of Aberdeens season so far. Perfectly capable of causing SPL defenders headaches, especially at the beginning of the season. Also he's playing out of position; think he's been a decent enough winger, relatively, but if you paired him up front with Vernon to flick it on, I reckon we could have a decent partnership. Like I said, it's just a shite defence.

Guest idol_wild
Ifil and Diamond are extremely frustrating as they seem to have one very good game, followed immediately by 3 awful ones. Considine is consistently mediocre, and so yeah, like most people have been saying, we need at least two solid defenders.

If you have watched the games this year (no idea whether you have or not) then I don't understand what your beef with Maguire is. He's really come on this year, and has been, IMHO, one of our players of the season, if not the player of Aberdeens season so far. Perfectly capable of causing SPL defenders headaches, especially at the beginning of the season. Also he's playing out of position; think he's been a decent enough winger, relatively, but if you paired him up front with Vernon to flick it on, I reckon we could have a decent partnership. Like I said, it's just a shite defence.

I think Aberdeen's problems stretch considerably beyond their defence. Aside from Hartley, I don't think there's suitable ability or resilience anywhere in midfield, centrally or out wide.

Aberdeen's first choice eleven is a lower bottom six team at the very best. I still don't understand why people genuinely seem to think Aberdeen have a mid-table squad. They don't. If they did, they'd probably be mid-table or thereabouts. As it stands, the club are sitting deservedly bottom of the league. But hey, if positivity is your bag, then keep telling yourself Aberdeen are better than they are. It's your only hope. :up:

I think Aberdeen's problems stretch considerably beyond their defence. Aside from Hartley, I don't think there's suitable ability or resilience anywhere in midfield, centrally or out wide.

Aberdeen's first choice eleven is a lower bottom six team at the very best. I still don't understand why people genuinely seem to think Aberdeen have a mid-table squad. They don't. If they did, they'd probably be mid-table or thereabouts. As it stands, the club are sitting deservedly bottom of the league. But hey, if positivity is your bag, then keep telling yourself Aberdeen are better than they are. It's your only hope. :up:

When Yoann Folly gets back to full fitness, I think that's a pretty solid central midfield.

And give me a fucking break Phil; I've already paid for my season ticket! Of course I have to have some fleeting hope that we won't be totally fucking crap all year!

Guest idol_wild
When Yoann Folly gets back to full fitness, I think that's a pretty solid central midfield.

And give me a fucking break Phil; I've already paid for my season ticket! Of course I have to have some fleeting hope that we won't be totally fucking crap all year!

I'm not having a pop at your positivity, dude. Just calling it as I see it! :up:

Will Chelsea ever win a game again? :(

In better football news, I'm going to Camp Nou tonight. I'm hoping for a good game, Sociedad have been the surprise package of la liga this season. Absolutely loads of their fans around town today too so there should be a bigger away crowd than normal and so hopefully a little more atmosphere too.

I'm going to Camp Nou tonight.

Lucky boy, i'd love to see a game there.

In other news, Tevez can go gie his ma a length. What a total bellend. If you're greeting about missing your family and constantly saying you want to quit then fucking do it. All you're doing is hankering for more money. I presume it's all his agent's doing but still. Footballers are pussies nowadays.

In other news, Tevez can go gie his ma a length. What a total bellend. If you're greeting about missing your family and constantly saying you want to quit then fucking do it. All you're doing is hankering for more money. I presume it's all his agent's doing but still. Footballers are pussies nowadays.

For all the talk of hating the money footballers earn these days, and being so homesick he might quit football, apparently his agent has been asking to renegotiate his contract several times, and recently asked for the contract to be extended for a year.

Unfortunately, with Tevez comes that crook Kia Joorabchian. I get the feeling he's seen what Rooney did and fancies a taste of the action, only Tevez is far from unprofessional enough to (publicly) slate the club, the manager and the board.

Tevez himself rarely speaks to the press, so it's surely Joorabchian who's been releasing the stories emanating about the homesickness etc...

For all the talk of hating the money footballers earn these days, and being so homesick he might quit football, apparently his agent has been asking to renegotiate his contract several times, and recently asked for the contract to be extended for a year.

Unfortunately, with Tevez comes that crook Kia Joorabchian. I get the feeling he's seen what Rooney did and fancies a taste of the action, only Tevez is far from unprofessional enough to (publicly) slate the club, the manager and the board.

Tevez himself rarely speaks to the press, so it's surely Joorabchian who's been releasing the stories emanating about the homesickness etc...

I don't think Rooney ever slagged off Ferguson, if that's the comparison you're making? He actually praised him when he spoke of wanting to leave. I reckon there's more chance of Tevez slagging Mancini though. Don't think there was anything wrong with Rooney slagging off the Glazers lack of ambition either. It's just what everyone else is thinking, and he's human afterall.

Still, Tevez has always been a volatile and fragile character. He originally said he'd play for Boca Juniors for life. That didn't happen did it? Neither did his stint at Corinthians when he refused to play for them when picked. When he left West Ham, he said he'd never forgive West Ham for trying to stand in the way of his dream move to United, though a few months back he said he loves West Ham and would like to play there again someday. He was told by United he'd be offered a deal at the end of the 2 year loan spell. Half way through the second year, he started moaning to the media about feeling 'left out'. True to his word, Ferguson offered him a contract, but he snubbed it for City. Now he's blubbering because he gets substituted once in a while, and wants to go home. he's a powerful force at City though. I can Mancini getting sacked before they let Tevez go.

Guest Gladstone
Aberdeen set for relegation? Check

SPL to change rules to ensure they stay up? Check

BBC Sport - Football - SPL to consider radical shake-up

;)

I'm one of the people who has a cheeky dig about the rules being changed to let Aberdeen stay up, but there's no way that these rules will help Aberdeen stay up. The top tier of this new SPL will only have 10 teams, so if Aberdeen finish 12th this season and they somehow get the new rules pushed through, Aberdeen will 100% be dropping down into the second tier. It will still be called "SPL2" or something, but they won't be in the top division.

It's a fucking stupid idea in my opinion. Teams will all play each other FOUR FUCKING TIMES a season which is boring.

Professional football in Scotland should just be changed to two leagues of 16. Play each other twice a season, winter break etc.

And Aberdeen? Jesus Christ - what a load of shit. Craigie Broon has his work cut out there. What does everyone think of Jimmy Calderwood now? Said it at the time, but was always shot down in flames by season ticket holders, who said the football was crap, JC's team selections were bizarre, played people out of position all the time etc etc. but from the shit he took over, he brought a few seasons of steadiness, relative success in terms of league placing and a decent UEFA Cup run. A million times better than his immediate predecessors and successors. Hopefully Broon gets them playing a bit better and keeps Aberdeen up in the top flight, although a season or two down a division might actually do them good.