aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Don't you think Inter perhaps took their foot off the pedal in the second half?

Certainly looked that way to me.

Bale took his goals well though and it was a good second half from a spurs point of view. Pity about the horrific defending in the first.

Lets be honest though, Spurs are never likely to be a footballing force again on the big stage unless some other lunactic comes along and bank rolls yet another team.

I was more delighted with Dick Foster missing an open goal in the Hun game. Marvellous stuff! The cock.

That's the problem with stepping up to that level and it's why so many clubs fail. We've also barely got a fit central defender at the moment so i think we didn't do to badly. Gomes made a massive error of judgment but it doesn't just happen to smaller clubs, Lehmann getting sent off in the 7th minute of the CL final a few years back is a prime example. Even the best can lose their heads on any given day. It could easily have been an even bigger loss if the players had shoved their heads down and buckled in the second half. I thought it showed character to come back from that sort of loss and at least make it look like they weren't a joke. I don't think Inter took the foot of the gas too much but they looked as shellshocked as Spurs in the first half when the second went in and they're current CL holders.

Or Spurs might accumulate wealth the legitimate way by doing better in competitions (just getting into the champions league is a massive money boost nevermind the money you get in the group stages and Spurs have still got a reasonable chance of getting past the group stages). We have a wealthy (but respobsible) company behind us and are pretty self-sufficent with very little debt and a good history of making rather than wasting money in the transfer market.

Rather than look at that as a defeat, i'm looking at it as part of the building/learning process and taking the positives (Team spirit and Bale and a few of the other guys performances) and enjoying the football. What's wrong with that at the end of the day? Isn't football supposed to be enjoyable and i enjoyed that match :)

That Foster miss was priceless!

Let's all settle down. We're harping on about Gareth Bale as if he's the next Danny Welbeck or something. He's not there yet.

He's still good though, and he's one of those players who has gone from being really really bad to awfully good in a short space of time, just like Malouda, and even Nani. Mabe Ryan Babel will do the same? No, of course he won't.

Let's all settle down. We're harping on about Gareth Bale as if he's the next Danny Welbeck or something. He's not there yet.

He's still good though, and he's one of those players who has gone from being really really bad to awfully good in a short space of time, just like Malouda, and even Nani. Mabe Ryan Babel will do the same? No, of course he won't.

It was definitely a confidence thing with Bale. He went from being a big fish in a little pond where there was intense furore about his abilities at Southampton to a squad player at Spurs who was on the end of a pretty unfortunate statistic and a lot of press humiliation. It's going to knock anyone's confidence really isn't it.

He's coming good though, which is the main thing :)

Fuck me, since when did Gareth Bale become Messi? Did I miss a poll? He's a good plaaaaar, and he'll get better, but how he can be called the best left winger in the world based on such a small sample is beyond me. He needs to sustain it a whole lot longer before he makes the shortlist.

Queer looking bugger, too. He has large lugs.

Fuck me, since when did Gareth Bale become Messi? Did I miss a poll? He's a good plaaaaar, and he'll get better, but how he can be called the best left winger in the world based on such a small sample is beyond me. He needs to sustain it a whole lot longer before he makes the shortlist.

Queer looking bugger, too. He has large lugs.

And hair that curls around said large lugs, which looks goofy.

Then again, I'd rather have big ears and hair that curls when its wet than Franck Ribey's entire face.