aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I thought United were very good today. You can't stop goals like that, but they clamped down on Stoke's aerial threat and took Jones right out of the game. Vidic had him sussed all afternoon. They had some great balls going into the box, but they were cut out every time, and Stoke only registered one effort on target, and that was the goal. Second half they just let Stoke play, and countered, which has nearly always been their style when they are in the lead.

Great goals all round. Great build up to United's second, and sublime control from Evra before he hit it across goal. Tuncay's touch and finish stole the show though.

listening to Liverpool v Blackburn, surely if the scousers fail to win Woy will be removed from his position?

According to the papers Rooney's new contract is worth 250k a week, that's outrageous!

Huddersfield at home in the cup. happy with that, come on ITV stick it on the telly!

listening to Liverpool v Blackburn, surely if the scousers fail to win Woy will be removed from his position?

According to the papers Rooney's new contract is worth 250k a week, that's outrageous!

Huddersfield at home in the cup. happy with that, come on ITV stick it on the telly!

That contract includes Image Rights. He was on 90k a week before, now he's supposedly on 150k. It's still outrageous, but as far as club salary goes, he's not the highest paid in the the world, or even the Premier League.

Image Rights for players playing for United is astronomical, which is why the move was never about money, because he would earn more in image rights than anywhere else, unless City were really prepared to pay him 1million a month, and I really don't think they would.

That contract includes Image Rights. He was on 90k a week before, now he's supposedly on 150k. It's still outrageous, but as far as club salary goes, he's not the highest paid in the the world, or even the Premier League.

Image Rights for players playing for United is astronomical, which is why the move was never about money, because he would earn more in image rights than anywhere else, unless City were really prepared to pay him 1million a month, and I really don't think they would.

Fair enough clears it up a lot better than the tabloids! But yes its still outrageous its why modern footballers don't care whether they win lose or draw nowadays.

It's daft money. Nobody needs that kind of money. I personally can't see the appeal of wanting to move to another club to go from getting paid 150k to 200k a week. It's just unthinkable sums regardless. Rooney is an abhorrent human anyway, and out of the entire United team right now, he's amongst the most undeserving of it.

Nasri is just awesome now. Again, like Malouda, he used to be absolutely awful. Now he is just unplayable sometimes. Have that! Get fucked City.

He puts in a shift, but he was always plagued by making poor decisions. Ball hogging when there were options all around, constantly being offside when straying outwide, and not really having much positional discipline. He's always cropped up with goals now and again, but overall I thought he's always been lacklustre. Seems to have really sharpened up recently, especially when he was played in Cesc's role last season due to his injuries. He seems like a solid replacement for Cesc if he was to sod off. Looks much cooler in possession and can really put it about.

Meh, if you go down to ten men after 5 minutes, you're very likely to lose. Hard to judge how the sides match up as a result. Thought City played really well with the ten men until the second went in. Seems we can't have the ref on our side every week :(

He puts in a shift, but he was always plagued by making poor decisions. Ball hogging when there were options all around, constantly being offside when straying outwide, and not really having much positional discipline. He's always cropped up with goals now and again, but overall I thought he's always been lacklustre. Seems to have really sharpened up recently, especially when he was played in Cesc's role last season due to his injuries. He seems like a solid replacement for Cesc if he was to sod off. Looks much cooler in possession and can really put it about.

His transformation into an essential player for arsenal is down to good management. He was always talented. Comparing him with Malouda is a bit wide of the mark because Malouda showed literally zero signs of being a half decent player before last season. Awful finishing, shoddy first touch, crap hair... It's astonishing because he's like an entirely new player now whereas Nasri, in my opinion is a gem that Wenger's polished over the time he's been at Arsenal.

Yeah, you're probably right about the Malouda comparison. Probably more comparable to Nani, who needed took 4 years to link the talent in his feet to the thoughts on his head. Again, probably down to good management, and generally being persistent with him. Nasri had numerous poor performances like Nani did, but neither Wenger or Fergie gave up on either.

As for City, they looked good with 10 men until Tevez went off, then there was plenty of players running forwards but just seemed to have absolutely no purpose. David Silva's creativity is a bit pointless if you don't have a player like Tevez to bomb after it. Adebayor was never going to chase a pass if it didn't come directly to his feet.

What's with Mario? I've never seen a player look so disinterested, probably ever. There was a time when Silva had the ball right on the edge of the box, and Ballotelli just walked past him, the other way, towards his own goal. Mental.

I personally can't see the appeal of wanting to move to another club to go from getting paid 150k to 200k a week. It's just unthinkable sums regardless.

I can - 2.6 million a year (granted, before tax).

The foolish parties here are the clubs willing to spend that money on a player. It's all relative - a 33% increase on your salary regardless of what you do, where you do it or how much you earn isn't to be sniffed at if you can get it.

One of the football forums I frequent, some Citeh fan was going ballistic about the decision to take Tevez off. Apparently injury is not a good enough excuse to leave the field of play. Excellent.

Good save by Hart though. He didn't parry it either. He cushioned it nicely so he could dive on top of it. Cool as cucumber between the sticks.

Bordeaux striker Yoan Gouffran has been diagnosed with an allergy to grass. His coach Jean Tigana says "Clearly, this is not ideal". Classy.

We lost again, 1-0 away to Norwich City this time. Puts us in the relegation places for the first time this season. Bristol City at home is next up for us, anything but a win in that one would be a disaster. There's a good chance we'll have a new manager in place by then, looks likely to be Mowbray if we can work out a deal with Celtic. Otherwise I'm led to believe that Ince is next in line for it.

Yeah, you're probably right about the Malouda comparison. Probably more comparable to Nani, who needed took 4 years to link the talent in his feet to the thoughts on his head. Again, probably down to good management, and generally being persistent with him. Nasri had numerous poor performances like Nani did, but neither Wenger or Fergie gave up on either.

Exactly the comparison i was thinking of.

Just saw the hernandez (strongly disaprove of this chicharito nonsense. Nicknames are for the training ground and should contain a double zz followed by either 'a' or 'er') back header. Quality finishing. There have been some great headers this year. Harewood's flick the other week was class.

I think I'm okay with Hernandez's nickname, as it's more of a family name than a training ground nickname. It'd be different if it was Rooney having "Wazza" on his shirt.

Central and South American completely rewrite the rules when it comes to names anyway. Brazillians especially. Seems to be most of their names are nicknames. Then there's FC Porto's HULK. I shouldn't agree with that, but it's just ace. Fitting too.

Yet somehow, Venegoor of Hessilink gets away with not having a nickname at all, when his name is just crying out to be shortened.