aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Quite evenly matched so far, but I think United only just have the upper hand, and look the more likely to put something away. Little Rafael has done a decent job at keep Bale under wraps so far, but Keane is pulling the centre backs all over the place and that's giving Van Der Vaart plenty of room to run into. Hopefully there'll be more goals.

o_O

That was weird.

The stuck out tongue celebration has to be one of the worst in football. Let players take their shirt off and book them for showing their tongue instead.

Where are the Ravanelli and Klinsmann great celebrations these days?

It was nice to see Assou-Ekoto pull some other spurs players away and give the ref space to talk to the linesman, until Rio went and stuck his face in.

The most important thing is that the goal gives my fantasy team a boost after a pretty poor day. I think that's probably why the ref gave it.

Spurs should probably just save their energy and forfeit games against Man U, they never win them. Even if they go 3 goals up or score winning goals in the last minute they don't win. They could have rested the whole team for the Inter match.

Hercules are beating Real, awesome!

I don't really care for Barca, but some of their blind passing has just been extraordinary tonight. Flicks and backheels. How well their attackers can defend so high up the pitch is tremendous too. Iniesta and Messi just chase everything, and they keep winning the ball in dangerous positions. Pedro has got some mad skills as well.

Still don't like them though. Wankers. Fuck 'em all.

Konko just got 2 yellow cards in 2 minutes. Have that. Barca are going to score 5 tonight.

If only Cambridge could play Gateshead every week we'd be pissing his tinpot Blue Square League thingy. First away win of the season yesterday so chuffed with that and a cup tie with no pressure against Huddersfield at the Abbey to look forward to next sat! The season is a little less painful right now!

Had to chuckle at Man U'd second goal, what a scamp that Nani is! Should never have been given though. Imagine if Spurs had been given a goal like that - Fergie would have exploded!

Why shouldn't it have been given? The linesmen acknowledged the handball, but the referee didn't and no free kick was ever awarded. Gomes made himself the referee and awarded Spurs a free kick anyway.

The referee is going to come under alot of scrutiny for not giving the handball, but it's a moot point anyway, because he should have given the penalty seconds before the handball if we're going to shine a light on what decisions he got wrong. The decision he didn't give to United would have been much more pivotal in the game than Spurs not getting the handball. Gomes was at fault for making a Pub League error which led to the goal.

Wednesday conceded an almost identical goal a couple of seasons back. Macrus Bent was hauled down in our area, and it looked a nailed on Penalty. Bent picked the ball up, and bounced it off his own head with rage as the penalty wasn't given, which the referee didn't spot. Lee Grant placed the ball down for a free kick for the handball he saw. Bent punted the ball past him into an empty net. Goal given. I was raging. But not at the referee, because he never awarded a free kick. It was Lee Grant who lined the ball up for a free kick which he had gone ahead and awarded to himself. Idiot.

Agreed Gomes was at fault. It's nice to see a player suffer for this kind of thing. I hate it when you see players goes down and they grab the ball with the hands before the ref has actually blown for the foul. It reminded me a bit of the Barthez / Di Canio incident when Barthez stood claiming offside while Di Canio knocked Utd out of the cup. The game doesn't stop until the ref says so.

Today's line up of games isn't the most inspiring. Thankfully I've got a holiday tomorrow so I can get drunk instead.

Blackpool - West Brom tomorrow interests me much more than any of today's games. I want the weekend to end with Liverpool still in the relegation zone and the Baggies in a Champions League spot.

Tomorrows game should be great. Di Matteo and Holloway only know how to attack, and both sides can be a bit ropey at the back. I'm hoping for a goal rout.

I'm still looking forward to Toon/Soonlun game today. Darren Bent will score, because he always scores. Even if they built a wall infront of the goal, made the goal posts smaller and filled the football full of gravel, he will score. It'll probably be 1-0, but it'll be fiery! Andy Caroll will glass someone, and Alan Smith will crash into someone's legs and look innocent. Alan Smith is ace.

I also wanted to watch the Brum derby, but it doesn't appear to be on Sky today, or even ESPN. That's a strange one. I'm sure that'll be a much better spectacle than Liverpool/Bolton.

Joey Barton has been playing very well for the last month or so, it's as if he's finally remembered how to play football like he could before all the being a right bastard and going to jail and getting injured stuff happened. A real bonus for Newcastle.

Middlesbrough continue to make me sad. Lost 2-1 at home to Bristol City, who were at the bottom of the table before kick off. Now we're second bottom, above Crystal Palace on goal difference. It's looking bad, regardless of who the manager is.