aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Dunno about that. Say what you like about JT as a person but he's a top quality defender. Alex gets himself into positions where he has to make tackles or rush back to joust with an onrushing striker but Terry's positional sense is flawless which means he doesn't have to work as hard. I'd like to see a blocked shot statistic too, I bet JT is ahead by miles. Always in the right position. Hideous human being though.

After the torture of watching England in the World Cup, I can't say I agree about his positioning. He was running around all over the place, and at one point he was on the right wing overlapping Milner. Then Germany got the ball and scored within 10 seconds. Chelsea tend to not have much defending to do because they are so resolute in midfield, and teams rarely have the ball in their final third. When England are being more than matched (due to being shitty) then John Terry looks dreadful. Panicky and undisciplined. I reckon Rio Ferdinand is a much better reader of the attack than JT. Rio's return to United in time for their very reasonable form is no coincidence either. He's been a rock, compared to Vidic who seems to keep falling over.

I've rarely rated Terry's performances for England, for the same reasons as the World Cup. He just doesn't seem to know what to do with himself, especially in games where the opposing team is enjoying the most possession and are flinging the ball into the box over and over. He's a weak link on the counter attack because he is far from the quickest, which seems to be quite a common theme amongst English centre backs. I'd pick Rio, King and Dawson over him, if they could all stay fit.

Goodie fucking loves laying out guys who are hassling him/his mates. Even at 4am.

I'm starting to think him and Bebo are the same person. Both are considered a 'talent' who 'other clubs are interested in', but they both are mostly in the headlines for being wee neds.

I honestly don't see what the fuss is about them. They are far too inconsistent on the pitch and far too indisciplined off the pitch to be considered Scotland call-up material (like some papers and messageboards are starting to mention).

Maybe being involved in the senior Scottish set up might sort them out. Nah...It won't. I was talking about this in the pub last night. If Goodwillie and Maguire don't make the step up, then where is the next generation of Scottish strikers coming from? The same argument can be applied to centre backs, although I'd taken Berra and Kenneth over Weir and McManus.

FA Cup this weekend and Cambridge United are live on ESPN against Huddersfield Town tomorrow evening 5-30 Kick Off. Well looking forward to this, sold a decent amount of tickets, should be a crowd of around 5,000 which is double the normal attendence for this season. I got a good feeling about this one and think we can cause a major upset. Having said that probably put the kiss of death on my team and we'll get humped 5-0. Still the club are getting nearly 70k for the match from the TV people. Which may not be much for the likes of Wayne Rooney but is a nice little earner for a conference club!

They should use Ngog's legs for drill tips. That tackle was unreal. Yet another reason for me to not like Italian football.

Hard tackles get blamed on Pulis and McCarthy. Always. Pulis invented hard tackling, and he whispered about it into McCarthy's ear. Now they're all at it. Even babyfaced Jack Wilshere. Pulis and McCarthy allowed the disease that is hard tackling to spread, like footballing vermin. Scum.

Don't worry though, Wenger (who's side in the 90's forged their own carnation of hard tackling) is here to stamp out all kinds of tackling, jostling and contact from football, like the second coming of Jesus. Praise Wenger. Let one footballer be prohibited from touching another footballer for as long as he may live!