aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I have supported Aberdeen since I was a wee boy. I was there for the 7-0's, the losses to Bohemians, the QOTS loss, for most of them I was there and the ones I didn't attend still hurt me just as badly. I have followed this team through thick and thin, aware that we were never going to return to the glory of our 80's side, put up with all the shit thrown my way by my OF-supporting mates, all the while remaining relatively optimistic. But never, ever, in my fucking life has a football score made me feel humiliated and utterly debased like this. What a fucking disgrace.

I fear we will go into a massive downward spiral after this. How the fuck can any player in that team have any confidence at all in their football playing ability after that?

Unless McGhee does something drastic before the next game, we could be stuck in a relagation dogfight yet again. Not sure if he will though. I actually still want to give him to the end of the season but after today I'm not so sure he cares about the club anymore, or even has any pride left at all. And I don't think it's just his fault, the players need a boot up the arse too.

It really does show how important Hartley is to the team.

I'm not calling for McGhee's head. If Gogs wants the job he can have it though, mainly for his pre and post match chat. There's definitely a chance he could be gone by next week, but it'll be off his own back rather than being booted due to financial constraints.

I gave him last season for free (as every Dons fan should have) and this season is his time to prove his worth. After an optimistic beginning it's looking bleaker every game. But I'm still willing to let him continue to see what he can do. But if he comes away with some of the grumpy, moany shite he has been in his last few interviews, he better be prepared for the backlash. Rather than his "I was brought here to do a job. If I didn't want to do it I wouldn't have accepted it. I inherited this squad."

It must be pretty rough to get cunted by the worst Celtic side for many many years. It's reasonably justified if it's Larsson or Di Canio piling the goals in, but when it's Stokes and Hooper? Yikes.

Wednesday are on the box tomorrow, against Southport in the League Cup's less important little sister, the FA Cup. ITV. Get on that.

cracking cup tie between Southport and Sheff Wed at the moment. I was proud of my own team getting a well deserved draw against League One Huddersfield. We'll no doubt get raped in the replay but at least in the hat for the second round so we can find out who we probably won't play!

There could be two "Gothenburg Greats" receiving their P45 this week. While Dingus was setting records of the wrong kind at the Tattie Bowl, Tattie Cooper was helping his side to a 1-1 draw against a team who played almost an hour with nine men. Dire is not the word.

i'm still in shock at the dons scoreline. The optimist in me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. One hell of a kick up the arse to the players. Then again, in reality I have no faith in this group of players. How can a club the size and stature of Aberdeen be so dependant on one semi-decent aging midfielder and his ability to beat a goalie from 12 yards. Something is not right.

Balotelli has pretty much summed up everything he is about in those 65 minutes. All it was missing was a punch and a shirt being ripped off. What an idiot. It's not really a gamble for City though, since it's pocket change to them.

Great goal for Torres. It really shouldn't have happened. Cole was making a pointless central run in his own half. He went down very easy as well. Don't ham up a foul in your own half. Twat. Deserved lead though.