aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

i'm still in shock at the dons scoreline. The optimist in me thinks it could be a blessing in disguise. One hell of a kick up the arse to the players. Then again, in reality I have no faith in this group of players. How can a club the size and stature of Aberdeen be so dependant on one semi-decent aging midfielder and his ability to beat a goalie from 12 yards. Something is not right.

Aye.

The odd thing is that we're definitely a better side going forward than we were last season. We've got a striker, arguably two, who know the way to goal, and a couple of decent midfielders. The problem is at the back, and it's a huge problem.

The thing that fucks me off most is that McGhee is probably going to get binned because of this. It doesn't necessarily fuck me off because he doesn't deserve it.......we're 2 points off bottom, and we've just had the worst result in our history, and many will never forgive him for that. The main reason it fucks me off, and I said this before he was appointed manager, is that Mark McGhee is a club legend - a very exclusive club - and I find nothing worse than the crushing inevitability of seeing a club legend getting torn apart by their own fans. It happened to Willie Miller, it's going to happen to McGhee, and I think it's shit. Don't make club legends manage your club. It's just sentiment, and eventually it always goes pear-shaped.

OK, so 9-0 isn't great, but I'd genuinely be more embarrassed by something like this happening in the Dick Donald stand:

CXm26.jpg

Stupid bastards can't even spell.

Yes, absolutely appalling. I thought we had stamped most of that nonsense out of the game.

Still, if you think of "hoop" in the anal context, it makes the morons look all the more ridiculous.

I watched the highlights on iPlayer and I wouldn't read too much into the scoreline. Three needless penalties, one o.g, two stupid mistakes - Ledley's "goal" was laughable and what the fuck was Bebo thinking about? - and plain bad marking inflated the scoreline and flattered ra Sellick.

Despite the unwarranted abuse I've taken in this thread for the heinous crime of being a Killie fan - including one childish diatribe about my "no support club" - I hate to see the Dons in this state. I got badly injured in a match weeks after moving up here from Killie and didn't play for 3 years. Being without a "fix" Saturdays, I would go to Pittodrie with my mates to watch the Dons, so I do have a bit a affinity with the club.

McGhee will turn it around.

Absolutely embarrassed about the 9-0. I'd like to think I'm not a reactionary football fan, but I really think McGhee has to go now. He just doesn't have enough good results in the bank to survive a 9-0 withdrawal; he could survive it if we were having a decent season so far, but apart from some glimpses of hope (ie Hartley, Folly and the strikers) we've been every bit as bad as last season. I was fully prepared to give him until the end of this season but I hadn't counted on a 9-0 reversal.

Currently working for Melbourne Victory/The A-league in Melbourne so had to take the stick from some of the very few clue'd up soccer people here... and had to sit in a room where Fox Sports News was on that had bulletins about the 9-0 result every half hour. Felt physically sick to the stomach every time it came on.

That result could take us one of two ways - either we rally round, come out swinging and start fighting our way up the league to prove we're not THAT shit; or the players confidence is absolutely shattered, they start hiding from the ball and we whimper our way into the relegation zone. I hope for the former, but I fear the latter.

I've never been convinced by McGhee as manager but I don't think this is the right time to sack him. Firstly, who are we going to get in in his place, and secondly a new manager still wouldn't have any money to spend in January - McGhee signed half those players, I reckon he's got the best chance of getting something out of them. I'd wait till the end of the season and then reevaluate the situation if it were me, but in saying that I won't shed any tears if he does get the chop.

McGhee will turn it around.

Not a chance in hell. The man is a complete and utter clown.

Worst manager AFC have ever had.

His 'debut' against Sigma... embarrassment.

Losing to lower leage opposition in the cup AGAIN!... embarrassment.

Our record defeat at the weekend.... embarrassment.

His response.... it's only 3 points.... embarrassment.

The signings he has made during his tenure have also been nothing short of atrocious.

17 wins in 58 games in charge.... dismal.

See ya Mark.

And no I'm not being negative.... just highlighting the sad facts.

How he is still in a job is amazing! I'm assuming we will wait till he fucks it up against Caley so we get him out and raise our game for the huns.... that was probably the plan all along.... although on current form the huns will murder us.

Still... cracking header from Magennis.... if only he could do it at the other end ;)

No point sacking him unless it looks like we're going to get relegated, if we can get into a reasonably comfortable mid table slot we should just writr off this season and say cheerio at eth end of the season when his contract expires.

4 points out of a possible 24.... very much relegation material.

If we lose tomorrow, he will be gone.

He doesn't inspire confidence, has no man management skills and alegedly half the team dislike him (although not a sinlge one of those players would be a loss).

They are just as much of an embarrassment, along with Milne and The fish and chip emporium man.

He doesn't inspire confidence, has no man management skills and alegedly half the team dislike him (although not a sinlge one of those players would be a loss).

They are just as much of an embarrassment, along with Milne and The fish and chip emporium man.

Serious question then: what's the best way forward for Aibrdeen FC in terms of a new manager and a new chairman/board/etc who would offer more?

(At least you ducked a bullet with Calum Melville, ho ho....)

When Calderwood got the bullet I said I wanted John Hughes to replace him. I'd still take him tbh, he had a poor start to this season at Hibs and got the bullet, but I still think he's a good manager. He's definitely not the next Mourinho but his Falkirk teams always played good football and he always seemed to be able to get the players motivated to play for him, and he did really well in his first season at Hibs.

Serious question then: what's the best way forward for Aibrdeen FC in terms of a new manager and a new chairman/board/etc who would offer more?

(At least you ducked a bullet with Calum Melville, ho ho....)

You tell me.

It's obvious the problems run FAR deeper than the management team.

I mean, you don't go to Celtic Park and expect to win... but losing 9-0 is simply not good enough.

My patience is done, I'm not wasting anymore time or money watching this lot.

I'll take up knitting or DIY or something. Or Heroin.

The signings he has made during his tenure have also been nothing short of atrocious.

I think his signings mostly look pretty good. Paul Hartley is the best Dons signing in years! Vernon pretty good too. I've seen signs of promise the couple of games I've been to this season, particularly from last season. Defence is shocking though.

However, the man is an arrogant prick (or at least he comes across that way in interviews). I had it confirmed from 'a source close the club' that MM barely gets involved in training, the taining they do get is shit, he has no rapport with the players and everyone hates Scott Leitch.

Still, I'd give him to the end of the season.

You tell me.

It's obvious the problems run FAR deeper than the management team.

I mean, you don't go to Celtic Park and expect to win... but losing 9-0 is simply not good enough.

My patience is done, I'm not wasting anymore time or money watching this lot.

I'll take up knitting or DIY or something. Or Heroin.

Here you go I've googled it for you:

saturday afternoon activities aberdeen - Google Search

I like the sound of the first one.

package-sex-in-the-city-hen-aberdeen | Go Bananas

Lets get into our fancy dresses and Jimmy Choos and go along this Saturday. Bagsy first go of the hair straighteners.