aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I hate Capdevila. Mostly for getting the Portuguese guy sent off by feigning injury from a swinging arm which came near him, but never touched him. He does that alot. Uncool. Even Xabi Alonso, who I actually like, went down screaming over nothing on one occasion. He did get a kick in the thigh, but it looked very tame, and there was a delay between him realising he could pretend to be hurt, and him actually going down.

These players just don't realise just how much the slowmo replays catch their playacting out. That moment of hesitation, followed by the screaming and writhing.

Ramos is just a White, Spanish Glen Johnson. Should be winger, but isn't. Can't defend, but that fact is somehow ignored, because he's good going forward.

Going to court was going too far and I'm not going to shed any tears over a few Rangers fans but in this kind of situation fans with tickets to the original game should be able to go to the rearranged fixture with the same ticket. It's just the decent thing to do.

Sometime in the 90's a dons game against Killie was called off due to a floodlight failure and for the replay not only were all fans with original tickets let in free but all remaining seats were given away on a first come first served basis too. Great atmosphere at that game and Joe Miller scored a hat-trick!! Dean Windass' first goal too if I remember right.

Anyone else go to that match?

Thinking of that, floodlight failures don't seem to happen any more do they? It used to be that even big teams would occasionally suffer from having bought a dodgy set of bulbs.

After the horror of last weekend I'm looking forward to watching a lot of footie tomorrow. The dons v hearts is one of the game bet365 are streaming tomorrow so I'll get to see it in decent quality which is nice (or maybe it wont be), Chelsea - Villa could be a good game, I could see Chelsea slipping up, and Barca - Valencia in the evening could be a cracker.

Thinking of that, floodlight failures don't seem to happen any more do they? It used to be that even big teams would occasionally suffer from having bought a dodgy set of bulbs.

It nearly happened in Arsenal's last Champions League game, away from home. Can't remember who they were playing, but it was a slightly delayed kick off due to the bulbs being on the blink.

Sometime in the 90's a dons game against Killie was called off due to a floodlight failure and for the replay not only were all fans with original tickets let in free but all remaining seats were given away on a first come first served basis too. Great atmosphere at that game and Joe Miller scored a hat-trick!! Dean Windass' first goal too if I remember right.

Pretty sure I was at that! My fave 'called off' match' was against St Johnstone c.82? when we were 3-0 up at half-time. Then the snow came on and the pitch was totally covered in no time. However I can't remember what the situation was for entry to the replay.

That was a mental weekend though with folk stranded by snowdrifts all over town, and buses grinding to a halt everywhere.

9 gone at Dundee:

If that's the extent of the damage on the playing side then they have got off very lightly (for now). Rumour has Harkins off to Hamilton and Griffiths off to St Johnstone for a combined 80k to try and the get them off the wage bill. Which equals a 195k loss on the transfer fee paid just over a year ago.....

Finding it very hard to have sympathy TBH with the sole exception of the kitman who had been working there for many years on far FAR less extravagant wages who got shown the door aswell, it's that side of the debacle that really sticks for me. :down:

That the worst thing about these situations. There'll always be some people that are getting what they deserve, but you've got to feel sorry for the folk who have just been plodding away doing their job without a fuss and suddenly find themselves out of work.

...or out of a team to support. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.....except maybe Ian McCulloch for comparing Tom Hicks handling of a football club to rape in that godawful video of Liverpool fans. I'd wish it on some of them.