aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Agree with Nef C on Ifil dropped, although Zander has been poor of late too. A lot depends on how fit the walking wounded are...if we've a decent midfield, with a hint of creativity I suspect the Dons can give Hearts the cuffing they deserve.If it's a midfield of Young etc then it could be another depressing afternoon.

BBC says this is our line-up for today:

24 Howard

02 McArdle

05 Diamond

06 Considine

04 Folly

08 Hartley

11 Aluko

22 Jack

07 Maguire

09 Vernon

18 Velicka

Then just beneath goes on to say this:

Striker Andrius Velicka, forward Sone Aluko and midfielders Paul Hartley, Fraser Fyvie and Peter Pawlett remain on the sidelines through injury.

WHAT A GREAT SOURCE OF INFORMATION.

My god Aberdeen are shit. Aluko's run in the first half has been the only highlight for us so far. But wait the Dazzler's about to come! Let's Go!

After last weekend, one game at a time just isn't enough so I'm streaming Man U WBA at the same time and keeping an eye on it. I think Utd might be trying to challenge Liverpool on the laugh count. Van Der Sar has just made a howler of a mistake. 2-0 to 2-2 within 10 mins of the restart. Great game now.

Howard landed awkwardly claiming a cross at the end of the first half, under pressure from Kyle. McGhee said he could only see out one eye, which makes you wonder why he played the first ten mins of the second half - during which the goal was scored...

Be interested to hear what the fans thought of the game. Was getting frustated texts from my mate moaning about Hearts "cheating" and Kyle in particular. It was a physical affair and there were a few incidents where something came of nothing, but I think "cheating" is a little OTT.

Kyle I thought led the line really well for Hearts. Sure, he was physical, but not overly so. Guaranteed if Kyle had been playing for Aberdeen, the fans would have been absolutely loving the shift he put in.

Funny enough, as I type this I'm watching BBC Alba, and he was just booked for persistent fouling and speaking to Rory McArdle. Wonder if that's when he claims McArdle told him he'd been physical but fair?

EDIT: Oh aye, look out for Kyle's comments in the papers tomorrow. Diplomacy is not in his vocabulary.

Be interested to hear what the fans thought of the game. Was getting frustated texts from my mate moaning about Hearts "cheating" and Kyle in particular. It was a physical affair and there were a few incidents where something came of nothing, but I think "cheating" is a little OTT.

Aye but you think everything DeJong does is okay, so I have absolutely no fucking interest in your interpretation of "cheating" at all.

Shite game. Hearts were dirty bastards, the referee was crap, but they were still the better team by far.

Caught the highlights of the Boro/Leeds game. I detest Leeds. Everything about them is just hideous. The amount they bombard the referee with dissent, kick the ball away, stand infront of free kicks... Urgh. Their fans are a set of botters too. I've not met a Leeds fan who isn't an arsehole. I've not been to a game that Leeds were playing where their fans weren't arseholes and just wanted to have a scrap. I used to work with a Leeds fan, who never actually talked about football. He just mentioned stuff about how Leeds had "the hardest fans in Europe". I would have absolutely no qualms about kicking a gay-wand like that off a fucking boat.

I wouldn't wish liquidation on anyone, but if it happened to Leeds, I wouldn't miss a jot about them. I'd even put up with Liverpool winning every trophy for the next 20 years if it meant Leeds would somehow go bust forever. I'd hope Elland Road would be demolished, and have a council estate built on it.

Thanks Craig, I knew you'd have a nice, balanced view on my entirely fair opinion based on my entirely fair opinion of something completely unrelated. I take it you think the "dirty bastards" were "cheating" then?

Nev, I apologise and retract the statement, I was still in a state of post-game drunkeness when I typed that.

I will reiterate however, that Hearts were dirty and the ref was crap. But they still deserved to beat us.

A truly awful thought, nothing would be worth that.

Now that I've had chance to think about it properly, since I too was in a state of post-game impartiality like Nefarious C, I think I must retract what I said about trading 20 years of Liverpool success for the permanent demise of Leeds United. That just wouldn't be right.

I'd still like to see Leeds go down the tubes though. I bet half of them would become Man United fans if their club ceased to exist. I actually know two people I went to school with who were Leeds United fans who later in high school turned into Man United fans.

After last weekend, one game at a time just isn't enough so I'm streaming Man U WBA at the same time and keeping an eye on it. I think Utd might be trying to challenge Liverpool on the laugh count. Van Der Sar has just made a howler of a mistake. 2-0 to 2-2 within 10 mins of the restart. Great game now.

That was a serious clanger. VDS doesn't usually make mistakes. It was quite odd to see. I think he's the one I'd expect it from the least in the Premier League. Evra put the ball in his own net too. Though it was quite innocuous. He looked immense in the game apart from that though. He's coming back to form. King Pat. Long live the King.

I haven't seen it but Wenger said it was deserved which suggests there really shouldn't be any argument.

Liverpool, new owners, still shit. Everton have been bossing the game but they aren't good at actually creating good opportunities so there's still a chance for Liverpool to win thanks to a deflected Gerrard strike.

[EDIT] CAHILL :rockon:

4th in the league, with the best goal difference outside the Old Firm; all whilst playing very poor and having an injury crisis all season... I'll take that!

Going to Kilmarnock next Saturday. We tend to do well there, so 3 points could put us 3rd! Early days yet, but I'd bite your hand off for a scrape into the top 6 come April.

I love Tim Cahill. If Rooney is the White Pele, Tim Cahill is the tanned, olive skinned Pele. What a bonce he's got on his shoulders.

Everton have done well considering their injuries. They're missing a proper striker up top with Saha out. They really don't have a proper replacement for him. They look a bit limp in midfield without Fellaini sticking legs into tackles 3 or 4 seconds late, and elbowing people in the head and looking innocent.

Incredible. A disgruntled looking Liverpool fan was just shown on the screen at Goodison, and also on the Sky Sports footage, and he just flipped a couple of V's. Have that, viewers at home. Now the Everton fans are singing "Going down!". What a great day for football.