aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Scotland were immense tonight. Well, apart from Whittaker. He was shite. Didn't do a single thing right all game. In fact Stephen Naismith did a better job at left back while doing his own job at the same time.

One fugly, clumsy, hun aside though we were great. Definitely no shame tonight (unlike Friday).

No idea what McManus was doing at the third. If he stayed on Llorente's run he probably would have defended it but ran under the ball. Confusing.

Thought Adam made a bit of a difference with his range of passing and Fletcher came into it more in the second half once we scored the first. Nice to see a bit of fight from our players though and these next home games are going to be huge. Win those and we're still in with a chance of second.

No idea what McManus was doing at the third. If he stayed on Llorente's run he probably would have defended it but ran under the ball. Confusing.

You make it sound so easy. You don't just defend Llorente. "Ah, I'll just nod this away from Llorente. Piece of piss this defending lark". Have you seen the size of him? He's probably the biggest man in Spain. His arms are like buses. If he ran in to you, and smashed his torso against yours, you would be put into the ground, with punctured lungs, bleeding from every orifice.

He scored a header past England whilst he was being marked by Peter Crouch. Llorente always wins. All 11 Scotland players could have gone up for that header at the same time. Llorente would have scored the goal regardless.

There we go. I think I made my point. He's quite large.

Glorious failure maybe, but hampden celebrating that 2nd goal was fairly exciting! Equal if not more crazy than Caldwell v France, Ferguson v Italy or McFadden v France/Holland

I meant in the long run, I'm sure in the moment it was a good bounce.

Same old story, raise their game against the big guns and struggle against the lesser teams. Same goes for Aberdeen. I'm fucking sick of it.

X-(

Cracking evening last night. Result was probably right in the end, when Spain are passing the ball around so crisply you can see why they've been winning the big prizes in the game lately. Third goal was frustratingly slack though.

The bounce at 2-2 was just awesome.

Still can't underatand why we didn't go out like this against the Czechs. Ach well.

Totally ridiculous that we have a go at Spain but not the Czechs. 4 points out of 12 is useless. When do the WC qualifiers start then...?

We don't play again until September 2011. There are internationals in March and June I think, but we don't have any games.

With our last game away to Spain, I guess we have to win the next three and hope it's enough. If we approach games like we did last night, we can beat the Czechs and Lithuania at home and Liechtenstein away.

[EDIT] :help: Just realised I totally misread your post!

We don't play again until September 2011. There are internationals in March and June I think, but we don't have any games.

With our last game away to Spain, I guess we have to win the next three and hope it's enough. If we approach games like we did last night, we can beat the Czechs and Lithuania at home and Liechtenstein away.

Just frustrates me that we always have to hope for such and such to happen because the team is never set up properly to have a go at every team. If Levein doesn't bother with strikers against a team, then how do they get fired up and have a go if they don't have the option to score a goal?

I really can't understand how Levein and his backroom staff thought that would be a good idea. I'd understand more for the Spain game if he just had a Rangers inspired back 10. There's no point in performing at Hampden just because we have fans watching. Just qualify, you fucks.