aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I once tried it twice in an amateur league match....the first time almost caught the keeper out, but went over the bar...the second time I got harangued by my teammates for being stupid enought to try it again, and wasting a potential attacking move :(

I once scored with a volley from the halfway line after a clearance by the other teams goalkeeper. Never repeated that feat, but it was fantastic seeing everyones faces when it dropped over the keepers head.

I think Scotland will win 4-1. McManus and Weir will give Villa and Torres absolutely no breathing room and they will be marked out of the game. Kenny "Chicken" Miller will get 3 which will be rounded off with a McFadden screamer from 35 yeards. They've only got Busquets, Pique and Puyol to worry about in the centre of the park and they only play for Barcelona or Almeria, or some shite Spannish team. I reckon Ramos will get a 94th minute consolation goal, heading in from a corner, and no-one will care

I reckon Scotland will grind out a stubbourn scoreless draw, like Rangers did against Man United a few weeks ago. BBC insists that Kenny Miller is starting. He's currently Europes domestic top scorer isn't he? Looks like Levein wants to win.

They might as well go for it. I'm pretty sure no one es expecting them to get anything from this game, so just have at it. Run at them in an all out attack, like Chile would. Centre backs overlapping midfielders and everything. David Weir could pick up the ball in the hole and welly it goalwards, past Iker like he's not even there. Piece of piss.

Any word on what sort of side Spain are putting out? They seem to be flush in every department apart from strikers, though Llorente and Aduriz are still decent, and probably better than Kenny Miller.

I could post text updates in this thread if you want. Something like this I imagine;

29min: Spain are passing it around for ages. Mostly sideways and pointless. Pique gets bored and bombs forward for a bit because he's the fucking man and he's the best striker on the team.

30min: D Fletcher is fed up of watching the ball ping around so he boots Xavi right in the back of the leg. Iniesta signals the invisible card. Puyol screams at the referee as if D Fletcher has pissed on the King of Spains children on Christmas Day

32min: Goal for Spain. Scotland 0 - 5 Spain (Iker Casillas)

I could post text updates in this thread if you want. Something like this I imagine;

29min: Spain are passing it around for ages. Mostly sideways and pointless. Pique gets bored and bombs forward for a bit because he's the fucking man and he's the best striker on the team.

30min: D Fletcher is fed up of watching the ball ping around so he boots Xavi right in the back of the leg. Iniesta signals the invisible card. Puyol screams at the referee as if D Fletcher has pissed on the King of Spains children on Christmas Day

32min: Goal for Spain. Scotland 0 - 5 Spain (Iker Casillas)

Awesome post, good job.

Casillas, Sergio Ramos, Puyol, Pique, Capdevila, Busquets, Alonso, Iniesta, Santi Cazorla, Villa, Silva

Jesus fuck. That is a strong Spain side. I didn't expect that. Santi Cazorla is awesome. I would have preferred Navas though, because he's possibly the fastest man alive. Xavi and Llorente on the bench, for when Lee McCulloch is inevitably bossing the midfield and they need to get a hold on the game.