aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Are we Celtic in disguise? I bet Hartley spanked their bums for that. Bebo will be pleased he's not the only player caught up in a social networking scandal. Which one do we call "Facebook" then?

Zander can be "Face" because, well...he's no a bonnie loon.

Paton can be "Book" because McGhee's probably thrown it at him a few times now.

Do you believe that Nigel De Jong intentionally broke Hatem Ben Arfa's leg?

No of course not, but I think intent has fuck all to do with it to be honest. I think commentators and pundits should spend less time arguing about whether there is intent or whether he "got the ball" and focus on whether a challenge is reckless and dangerous.

Like that Palacios tackle, he should have been sent of even if no contact was made. It has such potential to injure that it should be clamped down on. Obviously De Jong's was not that bad but it was a very dangerous challenge which had a severe result and in my opinion deserves more than a 3 game ban.

On an unrelated note..

What the fuck is this?

Liverpool have become much worse than Newcastle.

I used to really dislike Newcastle, but relegation has been like a cleansing process for them in my eyes at least. Now I actually quite like them to win. And at least from what I've been exposed to, it appears that the fans have had a reality check and expectations are realistic.

Actually I think Liverpool have always been worse. Talk about the greatness of "The Kop" and "unique european nights" is fucking nauseating.

This sums up almost everything awful with Liverpool fans The Kop Charter

Sheffield Wednesday have a "kop" I bet it's better too. At least I don't have to hear about it all the time.

Guest idol_wild
No of course not, but I think intent has fuck all to do with it to be honest. I think commentators and pundits should spend less time arguing about whether there is intent or whether he "got the ball" and focus on whether a challenge is reckless and dangerous.

They have done, though. All week. I haven't heard a single pundit or commentator talk about whether there was intent; merely how long De Jong should be banned for.

I am not condoning De Jong's actions in any way. Nor am I playing devil's advocate. I've just seen worse tackles but with less subsequent furor.

Liverpool have become much worse than Newcastle.

I used to really dislike Newcastle, but relegation has been like a cleansing process for them in my eyes at least. Now I actually quite like them to win. And at least from what I've been exposed to, it appears that the fans have had a reality check and expectations are realistic.

Actually I think Liverpool have always been worse. Talk about the greatness of "The Kop" and "unique european nights" is fucking nauseating.

This sums up almost everything awful with Liverpool fans The Kop Charter

Sheffield Wednesday have a "kop" I bet it's better too. At least I don't have to hear about it all the time.

I agree with almost all of this. I want to see them get relegated so Lawro and Hansen commit suicide live on Match Of The Day. Face it, it's not the 80s any more, you're not the best team, and your history counts for fuck all, now shit off you hairy dog's cocks.

They have done, though. All week. I haven't heard a single pundit or commentator talk about whether there was intent; merely how long De Jong should be banned for.

I am not condoning De Jong's actions in any way. Nor am I playing devil's advocate. I've just seen worse tackles but with less subsequent furor.

I actually haven't seen / heard much debate over the tackle at all, my previous comments were based on what commentators often speak about when a tackle is being discussed.

You're right De Jong shouldn't be made a scapegoat and be given a stupid over the top ban while nothing changes in general. I just think that while the issue is under focus it's a good opportunity to start taking a tougher stance on dangerous tackles.

I dunno........I'd never heard of Mackie before....might also be a shock to the Czechs? They'll be you-tubing him today, no doubt. Miller might also be effective coming on as 'pissed-off-at-the-manager' sub too. Dunno if this is from the SFA coaching manual motivation section though.

Sure, if he scores the winner, he's a tactical genius, if Mackie has a stinker Levein gets ripped to shreds. I suppose he can bring Miller on at half time, but maybe the damage will be done by then.

When Kenny Miller plays, everyone slates the headless chicken because at international level he is utter horse.

When Kenny Miller is dropped, everyone suddenly queries why Kenny Miller isn't playing. Sakes!

For the record, I hope Kenny Miller takes a Kris Boyd-esque hissy fit and retires from international football so I can concentrate on slating Gary Fucking Caldwell.

When Kenny Miller plays, everyone slates the headless chicken because at international level he is utter horse.

When Kenny Miller is dropped, everyone suddenly queries why Kenny Miller isn't playing. Sakes!

For the record, I hope Kenny Miller takes a Kris Boyd-esque hissy fit and retires from international football so I can concentrate on slating Gary Fucking Caldwell.

Beat me to it with the headless chicken Nev. :up:

Gary Calwell *shudder*

To be fair to Miller though he has been in red hot form this season and got us out of jail against the mighty Lichtenstein. If he's been dropped for Fletcher then I doubt few would have argued, but pitching a guy in for his debut in such an important match seems needlessly reckless to me.

Time will tell.

To be fair to Miller though he has been in red hot form this season and got us out of jail against the mighty Lichtenstein. If he's been dropped for Fletcher then I doubt few would have argued, but pitching a guy in for his debut in such an important match seems needlessly reckless to me.

Time will tell.

It will indeed......

Let's wait till the dust settles after this one.

I'm not convinced with starting Mackie either (untried at this level).

Get the mighty IWELUMO on! WHOOSH! :up: