aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Nicky Weaver + penalty shootouts = bliss.

He made his competitive Manchester City debut in the first match of the 199899 season against Blackpool, keeping a clean sheet. Over the course of the season Weaver kept a total of 26 clean sheets, breaking the club record for clean sheets in a season. Weaver was the hero for Manchester City in the 1999 Second Division Play-Off final versus Gillingham after his penalty save clinched promotion, prompting him to go on

a 'crazy run' around the Wembley pitch.

Good lad, good lad.

Guest idol_wild
No matter how you try and describe it, a tackle which breaks a leg is not a good tackle.

I got quite a lot out of seeing Roy Keane absolutely damage Alf Inge Haaland, I'm not gonna lie.

Guest idol_wild
Iain Durrant

Unprovoked attack. I never did approve of this or join in with the "banter chants" surrounding the incident.

That said, I was tempted to say it for shits and giggles. :up:

To be honest, I'm largely with you on that one. The chants themselves are more to wind up Rangers fans than to celebrate the tackle. But that's another debate that I assume no-one really wants to get into here (I certainly don't).

However, if the referee had stopped the game for the first foul on a Dons player in the move that preceded The Tackle, then we wouldn't be having this conversation and Durrant would've become the best player in the world (obviously). Just sayin'.

This De Jong thing has been blown way out of proportion. I'm kinda with Nev on the matter. Not that it was a good tackle, coz it obviously wasn't if someone got injured but it wasn't THAT bad. Just unfortunate. I mean, Shawcross didn't get all this shit and I'd say his was worse. But we need to feel sympathy for him because he's a young English player whereas big Nige is a dirty foreigner. Talksport have actually gone mental over it. To the point where i've decided to stop listening.

The way most Newcastle fans are treating it, you'd think no Newcastle player would never do such a thing...

Just because it's their new signing/brightest hope doesn't make it any more malicious a tackle.