aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Joey Barton has been playing very well for the last month or so, it's as if he's finally remembered how to play football like he could before all the being a right bastard and going to jail and getting injured stuff happened. A real bonus for Newcastle.

Middlesbrough continue to make me sad. Lost 2-1 at home to Bristol City, who were at the bottom of the table before kick off. Now we're second bottom, above Crystal Palace on goal difference. It's looking bad, regardless of who the manager is.

See you next season. We're certainly not bouncing back any time soon. Not unless Luke Varney comes to us for the second half of the season.

The media coverage surrounding the apparent shoogly pegs that both Chris Hughton and Roberto Mancini's jackets are on at Newcastle and Man City respectively, is completely ridiculous.

Neither should even be remotely linked with the sack - I will lose faith in football if either of them go based on recent results.

Harry Redknapp's media blackout would be very good for the game. Imagine not having to see is seeping, swollen mug on the telly anymore? He's just hideous and tactless. Especially during the Rooney saga, when all managers were refusing to discuss Rooney and backing him to stay, then you get Redders there, rubbing his hands together, speaking of a "cheeky January bid".

The guy is a lunatic. I don't understand how he is still going on about Clattenburg, yet fails to mention the foul on Nani every time, rendering his whole argument a little blinkered and pointless.

The way I saw that Nani incident, the ref was completely right. The Manyoo players who harrassed him into giving the goal can get to fuck but the decision was correct.

No foul, Nani handles, ref and linesman see that but Gomez is in control of the ball so ref plays advantage (aren't refs encouraged to keep the game flowing nowadays?), Gomez idiotic enough to not play to the whistle, goal stands.

Avram Grant is allegedly on shaky ground at West Ham as well, rumour was if they lost to Stoke midweek in the cup he was getting punted. I think he's a ding manager personally, how can any player get motivated to play for a manger who just stands on the sidelines with his arms folded, win lose or draw? Plus he looks like Toad of Toad Hall.

walt-disney-animation-collection-classic-short-films-wind-in-the-willows-20090522034737689-000.jpgavramgranty_0.JPG

It wasn't really a foul on Nani.... went down like a sack of tatties, the fairy.

I agree though, the elphant man is a total balloon.

I think the fall is irrelevant. It's before the fall where the foul is committed. Kaboul is grabbing hold of Nani's shirt on numerous counts, it's the tug backwards that makes him lose his footing, and I think he had to go down to get the penalty. If he hadn't have been tugged back, he would have gotten to the ball quicker and quite possibly scored since no Spurs player was infront of him bar Gomes.

Not surprised Mancini is under pressure given the vast amounts of money he's spent plus I read somewhere don't think he's too popular with the players. It's all very well splashing the cash but he's got to try and keep them all happy! Such is the impatient nature of the modern game a couple of defeats and your under pressure!

Hughton is a strange one since clearly he's the best manager Newcastle have had in some time probably since the late Sir Bobby. Heard he wanted to get in Steve Clarke as number 2 which would have been a good move but the board blocked it! Crikey give the man a new contract he's done wonders at Newcastle. I'm guessing the board are thinking Hughton has taken them as far as he can and they need a bigger name manager to propel them any further.

Actually having seen that goal of Man U's a few times now, I go back on what I said about it should not have stood as Nani was clearly playing to the whistle. He did seem to fall over quite easily though! In any case you should play to the whistle. And old pasty face Redknapp can moan as much as he likes but Gomez is more to blame than anyone for pissing about with the ball in the penalty area like that!

I just said what I saw, as instructed.

I have decided that I definitely like Rafa Benitez. Today's quote - "I think that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand. Every single press conference is even worse than the last one. He's talking about things that he doesn't know. And some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."

Brilliant spin on the ol' can't see the wood for the trees line.

Rafa has always been a good laugh in press conferences. The wars with Fergie in their oh-so-close season were sensational. He's not good at bickering. I don't think it's his style.

I liked it when he did the hand-washing gesture against Blackburn, then Fergie stepped in to have Big Sam's back. 2 weeks later when Carrick scored the winner against Wigan, none other than Patrice Evra sprinted the length of the pitch to celebrate, leaping in the air, doing the same hand gesture. King Pat.