aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I think England should have entered. would have been a good opportunity for a run out for some fringe players and youngsters, But no the FA know best and they'll be playing a meaningless friendly elsewhere (sure the commentator on ITV said one against Denmark is scheduled).

Wish Prem League clubs would stop moaning about their players getting injured, part and parcel of the bloody game!

I think the nations cup might be quite good. Bet England join the party if its a success! The old home championship was pretty good. I remember watching the tartan army rip wembley to shreds in the late 70's. They were nuts, used to take over London. And often Scotland would beat England.

England are probably worried that they'd a) get beat by championship players and b) 4 games a year against lower ranked opposition that would all abnormally raise their game against them would fuck their own world ranking.

They should have some kind of agreement that it doesn't contribute to world rankings and spread it over 2 years. Two friendlies a year for bragging rights and to boost merchandise sales with a trophy awarded every other year. Ok, England would only send their shit players for the first few years but it'll be like the Ryder cup. Once they start winning it they'll harp on about how they've always thought it was an awesome competition and start egging on their good players to actually show up for it.

Anyone hear Levein moaning about the penalty given last night?

Fuck off, it was a stonewaller. This guy is beginning to get on my tits.

Stonewaller? No fucking chance. Christ, I know a penalty when I see one, and it took me about 45 seconds to realise it had been given. Had turned away in anticipation of the corner, and wondered why the hell was taking so long...

Eight times out of ten, that's not a penalty. 1.5 times out of ten it's a penalty because the referee is shit. 0.5 times out of ten, it's a penalty because he's a biased fuckwit.

He was shit

Stonewaller? No fucking chance. Christ, I know a penalty when I see one, and it took me about 45 seconds to realise it had been given. Had turned away in anticipation of the corner, and wondered why the hell was taking so long...

Eight times out of ten, that's not a penalty. 1.5 times out of ten it's a penalty because the referee is shit. 0.5 times out of ten, it's a penalty because he's a biased fuckwit.

He was shit

The ball hit the underside of his arm, which wasn't moving away from the ball, inside of the box. How is that not a pentalty?

The ball hit the underside of his arm, which wasn't moving away from the ball, inside of the box. How is that not a pentalty?

Why should the arm be moving away from the ball? The motion of the arm doesn't decide what is and isn't a penalty. Like I say, it's one of those that is given maybe 2 times from 10 at the most. It's certainly not deliberate handball, and he's not seeking to gain an advantage by turning his back on it...

I'd say it was 50/50. You throw your arm up in the air like that in the box and you're asking for trouble, intentional or not. It wasn't a stonewaller but I wasn't surprised when it was given and don't think Levein can have any real complaints about it. He's just trying to deflect the criticism from Friday.

What is clear is that it hit his arm, but was it deliberate? I didn't like it at the time because it was wellied at him from point blank range and he had his back to the ball......but he was fecking stupid to throw his arms in the air, intentional or not.

By the absolute letter of the law, I don't think it should be a pen because I think there's sufficient doubt as to whether he intentionally handled or not. But back in the real world, those get given all the time, so no real complaints.

I'd say it was a penalty, it stopped a goal bound effort and his arms were above his head. Player reaction is usually a good indication of whether it was a good decision from the ref or not, our lads gave some half hearted appeals but if they were convinced it wasn't a penalty they would have been in the refs face about it.

Clear penalty. Blame Whittaker for failing to head clear the cross, then for flailing his arms over his coupon, not the referee.

Also, although McGregor was outstanding, I'm surprised nobody has blamed him for the third. He has to come and claim those; no way should a striker get an unchallenged volley from a simple cross from five yards out. Mc Manus lost llorente but the keeper has to claim those. Poor communication at the back cost us at least two goals.

I think it was a penalty for sure. Whittaker didn't really put up that much of a fight, did he? As for the third goal, the keeper has to take some blame for the lack of communication, but I think McManus has confidently put his name on it, only to miss the clearance and lose Llorente. Not a whole lot McGregor can do one Big Mick was airborne in my opinion, unless he also went for it, taking both himself and BM out of the game, leaving Llorente an open goal anyway. That would have looked much worse!!! LOL

Definitely a penalty. Arms should have been behind his back and certainly not 8000 miles above his big fat heid. It's international level football, things like that will get punished far more often that in domestic games. Plus, Whittaker does things like that week in, week out for Rangers, he knew what he was doing.

If we play like that in the next games, we'll qualify. Who was the last team to put 2 past Spain?