aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Guest Gladstone

Fuck me.

Sporting Braga 3 - 0 Celtic

I've just bought tickets for the second leg too...

Watched a live stream - Celtic didn't look great, but there wasn't 3 goals in it. The second goal wouldn't have happened on Sol Campbell's watch - corner, ball bounced on the 6 yard line. Third goal - a better keeper wouldn't have stood 6 yards off his line for a direct fucking free kick. Boy just chipped Zaluska easy as fuck. Useless cunt.

Everytime Charlie Mulgrew kicked the ball, he kicked it out of play, and he seemed to be in possession more than any other Celtic player.

Just paid 66 for two tickets for the second leg - they better win 4-0.

Celtic got a 3-0 tanking at Braga tonight, do they have the wooden spoon prize of a Europa League spot should they fail to overcome the Portugese side in the second leg?

UEFA.com - UEFA Europa League

There's a play off by the looks of things.

This result is again poor for Scottish football but if Celtic can't score 4 at home I'll happily take their Champions League money!!

This result is again poor for Scottish football but if Celtic can't score 4 at home I'll happily take their Champions League money!!

It isn't though, if rasellick don't get into the CL they get less money and with less money the gap between them and the rest of the SPL (barring the buns) gets smaller which, imo, can only be a good thing.

That's the way I see it anyway.

P.S. OFGTF! 8-)

What managerial experience did he have before taking over at Celtic?

He'd managed their reserves for most of last season up until when he took over the first team for the last 10 games of the previous season (of which he had won 8 lost 2) . He'd also been a first team coach under Gordon Strachan.

While you could argue he's hardly Roy Hodgson when it comes to managerial experience he's hardly unprepared for this season. It obviously doesn't matter how much experience a manager has, any team can lose on any given day.

It might've been more correct to say he hadn't had any managerial experience at European level but he's got to start somewhere.

He'd managed their reserves for most of last season up until when he took over the first team for the last 10 games of the previous season (of which he had won 8 lost 2) . He'd also been a first team coach under Gordon Strachan.

While you could argue he's hardly Roy Hodgson when it comes to managerial experience he's hardly unprepared for this season. It obviously doesn't matter how much experience a manager has, any team can lose on any given day.

It might've been more correct to say he hadn't had any managerial experience at European level but he's got to start somewhere.

Good post Phil.

Stop being pedantic, reserve team experience is hardly managerial experience. He then became Celtic manager, the post he holds now and during his probationary period he lost the one game he needed to win.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Mulgrew is a fanny. Hope he has many more games like this in the forthcoming season. Shambles of a man.

Didn't even know the weegie filth were playing last night! Dire result, tends to happen with these early qualifiers though.

On a side note, i'm almost tempted to buy a Dons season ticket.... ALMOST! :up:

It seems that no one has noticed that Celtic were playing against a good team. Braga are no slouches, especially at home where they only conceded 7 goals during last season, and while coming 2nd in the Portuguese Superliga isn't going to set Europe alight with excitement, neither is coming 2nd in the SPL.

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone
It seems that no one has noticed that Celtic were playing against a good team. Braga are no slouches, especially at home where they only conceded 7 goals during last season, and while coming 2nd in the Portuguese Superliga isn't going to set Europe alight with excitement, neither is coming 2nd in the SPL.

You're exactly right. It's still a bad result because on the night, there was not 3 goals in it. Celtic conceded two very sloppy goals. We deserved fuck all from the game - not one shot on target - but we didn't deserve the 3-0 tanking.

But, remember a couple of seasons ago we got beat 3-0 away to Benfica and then beat Benfica 3-0 at home, so we're not out of this yet. The main problem we have is the second leg is 6 days away, which doesn't give much time to sort out the problems from last night - the main ones being we need a better keeper, a commanding centre half, a proper captain in the middle of the park instead of Scott "Sharkhead" Brown and a good striker.

So, if we sign David James, Lucio, Xabi Alonso and David Villa, we'll be alright. Otherwise, we're fucked.

Correct, it was a really tough draw for a qualifying round. Still funny though if they go out of Europe before Motherwell.

Stop being pedantic, reserve team experience is hardly managerial experience. He then became Celtic manager, the post he holds now and during his probationary period he lost the one game he needed to win.

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

its hardly experience but it still is expereince. Man management, results affecting standing within a league, training and tactics, decisions to make coping with egos and injuries. Would i personally have appointed him with this experience? no i would have happily had him as an assistant though. He has to start somewhere and now he has the chance to show what he can do (hopefull yover a few seasons) and as Woods pointed out Braga are not too shabby

its hardly experience but it still is expereince. Man management, results affecting standing within a league, training and tactics, decisions to make coping with egos and injuries. Would i personally have appointed him with this experience? no i would have happily had him as an assistant though. He has to start somewhere and now he has the chance to show what he can do (hopefull yover a few seasons) and as Woods pointed out Braga are not too shabby

The mindset of Celtic supporters amazes me, they hound Strachan out despite getting them into the last 16 of the Champions League, twice, and then they welcome Lennon with open arms to what is supposedly "one of the biggest clubs in the world TM", despite never having managed a competitive team anywhere before, just because he is "Celtic minded". :rolleyes:

The only thing that's going to stop Lennon from being John Barnes MK 2 is the comical state of Rangers' finances, Celtic will probably win the league by 20 points... over Hibs.

The mindset of Celtic supporters amazes me, they hound Strachan out despite getting them into the last 16 of the Champions League, twice, and then they welcome Lennon with open arms to what is supposedly "one of the biggest clubs in the world TM", despite never having managed a competitive team anywhere before, just because he is "Celtic minded". :rolleyes:

The only thing that's going to stop Lennon from being John Barnes MK 2 is the comical state of Rangers' finances, Celtic will probably win the league by 20 points... over Hibs.

im a Newcastle supporter and have a soft spot for Aberdeen