aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

I've argued this a million times.

All clubs (generally) have dicks for fans. Stand inside a football ground and for 90 minutes, just about everyone acts like a dick. Richard Donald Stand is as bad a stand as I've stood in (for example).

Rangers just take it to a whole new level. The footage from the UEFA Cup Final is absolutely sickening. I'm aware that Celtic will definitely have an element of violent supporters (because there are violent people everywhere), but the mentality of the Rangers fans that day was unbelievable. The sheer number of people who thought they'd just wade in with a boot to the head of a police officer was appalling.

Compare the amount of trouble that seems to have followed Rangers wherever they go on European matches against that of Celtic and Aberdeen on their UEFA Cup run a couple of seasons ago.

Yet any time you try to point this out to a group of Rangers fans they beat you to the ground and then all stamp on your head.

Guest Gladstone
Is there any truth in the rumour that Emile Heskey might be moving to Parkhead? He still wont score goals mind lol!

I hope not.

I think Heskey gets a raw deal from media and fans, he's never been a goalscorer, but alongside a goalscorer and in the right system he can be really really useful for a team.

But, that said, it's people who can score goals that we need. The amount of games where we failed to convert chances that would have given us a lot more points in the bag was ridiculous last season. For forward options, we need to concentrate on getting a very good couple of goalscoring strikers. Heskey could lay on all the balls in the world, but if they're landing at Samaras's feet, there would be no fucking point!

Guest Gladstone

It sounds like someone's told Lennon that David James fancies a game, but not much more than that.

They've probably failed to say David James fancies a game for 40k per week, and when they do that will be the end of that rumour.

I hope not, because I think he'd be a cracking signing, and if we went out and got him, I'd make him captain. There's no way Scott Brown should be our captain.

Surely there's clubs in England who would still be interested in James though? So why would he come to Scotland to, arguably, finish his career?

The same reason all the other over-the-hill-let's-have-one-last-payday-in-a-pish-league English mercenaries come up and playing for your disgusting mob,and the other lot.

FTOF.

FACT - During the 96-97 season Shilton and Sealey were the only fit goalkeepers for West Ham so the starting and sub goalies had a combined age of 86.

Correct me if i'm wrong but i was pretty sure Sealey and Shilton went in opposite directions (Sealey to West Ham, Shilton to Leyton Orient) that season in a player exchange and weren't at West Ham at the same time...

Correct me if i'm wrong but i was pretty sure Sealey and Shilton went in opposite directions (Sealey to West Ham, Shilton to Leyton Orient) that season in a player exchange and weren't at West Ham at the same time...

Fuck sake, I read that somewhere as well which means the magazine was wrong or I can't read particularly well. Still, pretty old for footer players.

David James would be an excellent signing. I actually fancy Celtics chances this year, lennon seems to be assembling a team that could do well, even in the premiership (like, eight years ago)

And on the old firm thing, Rangers are definitely worse. After every game with Celtic theres bits of rubbish on the the road to Pittodrie, the odd broken bottle, but after every Rangers games theres broken windows and carnage everywhere, unless they've cleaned up their act in the last 2 years since I havent had a season ticket.

not football related but I only found out last week that actor terence alexander who played charlie hungerford in bergerac has been dead since may 2009...

great to go watch some live footy tonight, pisses all over that televised world cup nonsense!!!!