aberdeen-music

2010/2011 Season Thread

framheim

Barca have a cashflow problem, and can't pay their players. Didn't Portsmouth get denied playing in Europe for the same reason? Booting Barca out of the Champions League would probably make the world stop turning, and we'd all burst into flames. Platini would never do it though.

Barca have a cashflow problem, and can't pay their players. Didn't Portsmouth get denied playing in Europe for the same reason? Booting Barca out of the Champions League would probably make the world stop turning, and we'd all burst into flames. Platini would never do it though.

Portsmouth failed to apply for whatever licence is needed to play European football... at least I think that's the reason for it.

I was always led to believe the license was rejected because they gots mo' money problems?

Still. It's weird seeing a club like Barcelona have a news article about how they can't pay their players. That's the troubles of little teams. They probably have an absolutely bonkers wage structure anyway. I bet Ibra's not doing it for the love of the game. What a sock of shite he is.

Exciting eh?

Either way I'm pleased to have him on board and looking forward to seeing his performances in pre-season.

Well one side implies he actually is quite good, the other implies he, like me and most other people, could score goals against a very, very poor quality team.

Hope it's the former otherwise he's just there to make up the numbers.

I was always led to believe the license was rejected because they gots mo' money problems?

Still. It's weird seeing a club like Barcelona have a news article about how they can't pay their players. That's the troubles of little teams. They probably have an absolutely bonkers wage structure anyway. I bet Ibra's not doing it for the love of the game. What a sock of shite he is.

Hmmm. Maybe that's true. But then it's kinda catch 22... euro money is helpful for teams that need it but can't get it if they've got money problems.

It is really rather strange. I always thought Barcelona, despite the big budget buys, still did it within their means!

Portsmouth didn't apply for the licence to play in Europe because it would have been denied while they were in administration while the deadline passed as uefa don't allow clubs in administration to compete in the Europa/champions leagues. That's why Barca is different, not got the administrators in yet.

Apparently it's only a minor monetary setback. They're going to be fiiiiiine.

They also get ridiculous amounts of money in TV rights deals as they're done on a club-by-club basis in Spain. That means that Real and Barca get about 150 million per year compared to a team like Valencia who get 35 million or so. The Barca problem seems to stem partially from the fact that the broadcaster who is supposed to give them that 150 million has filed for bankruptcy protection recently so there's something of a shortfall expected.

In Championship news - we might be shipping Lee Miller back to the SPL as part of a deal to buy Kevin Thomson from Rangers. Kris Boyd obviously needs some backup from the blue side of Glasgow to stop McManus, Flood, Robson and McDonald from getting all sectarian on him.

Replacinng Kris Boyd with Lee Miller? Oh dear Rangers.

This would make me very happy, even though he'd probably score against us. It would still be worth it just to see my girlfriend's face when she found out her team had replaced 30+ goals a season with 5.

In Championship news - we might be shipping Lee Miller back to the SPL as part of a deal to buy Kevin Thomson from Rangers. Kris Boyd obviously needs some backup from the blue side of Glasgow to stop McManus, Flood, Robson and McDonald from getting all sectarian on him.

I've not even finished paying for my season ticket yet... but if this happens I may have to seriously consider why I bothered.

If and when Thomson does get sold (because that is inevitable), it should be for money. Just money... none of this part exchange with a wee bit of money nonsense - especially not Lee Miller! :swearing:

I've not even finished paying for my season ticket yet... but if this happens I may have to seriously consider why I bothered.

If and when Thomson does get sold (because that is inevitable), it should be for money. Just money... none of this part exchange with a wee bit of money nonsense - especially not Lee Miller! :swearing:

Lee Miller will score plenty of goals for the currant buns, nae danger about that.

I'm sure he'll get a warm welcome back at Pittodrie if he does sign on at Ibrox. ;)

If Rangers strike force next season is Kenny Miller, Lee Miller and Kyle Lafferty I'm going to go to the bookies and stick a tenner on Dundee United to win the league! :up:

I think Lee Miller and Kenny Miller could be a very effective partnership. Lee Miller with the referees on his side would be unstoppable.

I think Lee Miller and Kenny Miller could be a very effective partnership. Lee Miller with the referees on his side would be unstoppable.

......and of course playing week in week out at club level could foster a partnership to take into the international team.

I'm just away to kill myself.